Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...) Empty Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...)

Post  Paeter October 27th 2016, 9:10 am

If amazon behaves the same way this time as they did with Dragon Quest Builders, I may get my copy of Skyrim Special Edition sometime this afternoon, rather than tomorrow when it actually releases. I'm really curious what it will be like to play it again. The bulk of my Skyrim playing wrapped up years ago, but I've gone back in a few times since then to finish finding all locations and basically completing every quest except the repeatable missions. The only reason I had left to go back in is reach a high enough level for that legendary boss to show up and fight me. I also have done the werewolf side of dawnguard.

So basically I can imagine either falling in love with the game all over again (I played Oblivion a second time and loved it) or digging the pretty new visuals for a week or so and then putting it down. Either way, I'm planning on a slightly different mix of skills, as well as making a female character for my first time in a first person game(I'm ready for a different "grunting voice" during combat, for sure).

Any other Skyrim players here? What kind of character (race/gender/skills) did you play as?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...) Empty Re: Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...)

Post  Rickster October 27th 2016, 3:52 pm

You could always try to get the Platinum trophy if you're looking for a challenge?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...) Empty Re: Skyrim Special Edition! (And they never heard from him again...)

Post  mikel.withers October 28th 2016, 8:49 am

First, what is so special about the new edition?

Second: I don't care what race I play, except I don't play elves -bunch of haughty jerks.
    I usually start making alchemy potions while I sneak around everywhere. (I'm one of those guys who will spend an hour creeping in circles behind a guard to build up my sneak score. "okay, that point took twenty minutes, if the next point takes less than thirty...") Potions and poisons make a good return on investment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Yeah, I know it is "the cheap way".
    With enough money I can start working on enchanting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ again. Get that high enough and it doesn't really matter what equipment you carry as the magic damage makes the weapon damage insignificant.
    About this time my son comes by, sees what I'm doing and snorts in disgust as he walks away..."Before the FIRST MISSION dad?"
    Shouts? who needs shouts?

I tried Oblivion recently, same deal, except I tried enchanting "chameleon" spell on my armor... I became invisible for all intents and purposes. Ended up going to the nether..wait that is Minecraft... well the hell analog at least, and beating up the deadra with my fists while they wondered why they were slowly dying.
    "Seriously, dad? Why do you even bother playing at this point?"

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 28th 2016, 9:57 am

Rickster wrote:You could always try to get the Platinum trophy if you're looking for a challenge?

I may actually take a good look at them this time! Thanks for the idea! I know I got a lot of them on 360, but still need some of the DLC-based stuff, like developing vampire/werewolf skill trees.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 28th 2016, 10:01 am

mikel.withers wrote:First, what is so special about the new edition?

Little to nothing if you're a PC gamer. But console gamers get very limited access to mods (PS4 especially limited) and the graphics are all improved. (Here's hoping load times too, but I doubt it.) All DLC is also included.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 31st 2016, 10:35 am

Holy crap. I put in over 320 hours on the 360 with this game. I think I'm about to do more than that on the PS4.

I bumped the difficulty up a couple levels (to "normal" from "super-duper easy) and am enjoying the challenge and different pace. I can't believe this game has it's hooks in me so strongly again.

Probably the biggest reason is the improved load times! Without those minutes every now and then to realize how tired I am, the progression loop just keeps a much tighter grip on me. Plan to see this one if you tune in for my stream this Saturday!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 7:36 pm