Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)?

Fedor
    Fedor

Activity : 20
    Geek-Cred : 0

How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)? Empty How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)?

Post  Fedor July 27th 2017, 3:52 pm

Do you know any christian LitRPG?  study
    I have read lots of LitRPG books (Ready Player One, Play to Live, The Dark Messiah, The Way of the Shaman, The Knighthood and etc.). But i can't find any christian LitRPG...

We need it. The future is for christian LitRPG!
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)? Empty Re: How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)?

Post  AdamCollings July 27th 2017, 6:33 pm

Try "Ctrl Alt Revolt" by Nick Cole.
    I'd say this is LitRPG written by a Christian, as opposed to Christian litRPG. There isn't any specific Christian content, but there's definitely some world-view stuff going on.
    The book was banned by its traditional publisher for daring to suggest anything negative about abortion (from the point of view of the antagonist no less), so the author self-published it and it soared to the top of the Amazon charts.
    https://www.amazon.com/CTRL-ALT-Revolt-Nick-Cole-ebook/dp/B01BKWKBCS/ref=sr_1_1

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)? Empty Re: How About Christian Litrpg (mmo-based Virtual Reality Books)?

Post  UKSteve July 28th 2017, 3:04 am

I dabbled with that idea a long time ago, as it happens. Now I'm writing retro-litRPG-comedy, because who needs genres anyway?

I enjoyed reading The Game by Terry Schott, who I don't think is a Christian but the story looks at religion developing in a Matrix-y cyber world, which was interesting to read as a Christian. It looks like it's free on kindle too, as the first in a series.

Or there's The God Hater by Bill Myers, which is a Christian book, albeit a few years old now (well pre-dating the current crop of litRPG). I think this was similar to the way I had imagined the idea that I never went back to it, but maybe, if I ever work through my existing projects, I'll think about Christian litRPG...
    Fedor
    Fedor

Post  Fedor August 1st 2017, 2:26 am

AdamCollings, UKSteve, thaks for your advices. I will chek this books.

And as i say: World needs Christian LitRPG! Exclamation
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings August 1st 2017, 8:12 pm

Fedor wrote:And as i say: World needs Christian LitRPG! Exclamation
    I've considered writing one. As a growing genre with a revenous readership it's a great potential money-maker, plus I like games, so I could be a genuinely good fit. I have no shortage of writing projects though.
    It's also a genre that could benefit from shining a little of Christ's light.

I can say that I really enjoyed the first book in Steve's series. Have yet to catch up with Bit #2 though.
    Fedor
    Fedor

Post  Fedor August 2nd 2017, 2:39 am

AdamCollings wrote:I've considered writing one.
    This is very good news!
    We can build Cristian LitRPG clan for writers, based on CGC forum and help each other.
    I can't write fast, because i need to translate my text rus to eng (It need half an year and 17 000$ to translate one book  Shocked  bounce  ), but i can be helpful in other ways. Book trailers for example or some yuotube promo intro.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson October 2nd 2017, 3:27 am

CTRL ALT Revolt! is free for Kindle on Amazon as I type this.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01BKWKBCS/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I16EYXGS06RDSF&colid=39M6UE14RBPCO

Not sure how long this sale will last, so get it while it's free!
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve October 3rd 2017, 1:28 am

Reed Benson wrote:CTRL ALT Revolt! is free for Kindle on Amazon as I type this.

Thanks for the tip-off! Another addition to the tbr pile....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 9:13 pm