Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

The Turn-Based RPG Revival Continues!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Turn-Based RPG Revival Continues!! Empty The Turn-Based RPG Revival Continues!!

Post  Paeter July 6th 2015, 6:21 pm

I've been on a TB JRPG kick for a while now. Finally finished Shadow Hearts: Covenant over the weekend. LOVE the battle system, but the dungeon designs and their irritating puzzles have not aged well, nor has the terrible localization and voice acting.

Oddly enough, it all makes me want to buy the third game again and see about finishing it this time while recording a picture-in-picture let's play style video. I don't have a great personality for live let's play, but if I stay interested enough to finish the game I might go back and edit down the footage and release it only as "let's play highlights" or something. I've never both loved and hated a game so strongly before and I figure that might make good fuel for commentary.

In the meantime, I'm back into Final Fantasy 3(SNES, #6 in Japan) on my Retron 5 and am amazed at how well it holds up! I've forgotten so much of it now that I know it's not nostalgia. It is genuinely fun in both mechanics and story. (Some moments that move me even MORE now than they did when I was in High School, but that's not a shocker I guess.)

I've got the feeling I'm going to blow through this game really fast! Then maybe FF5 after that? Or FF1, Origins edition? Or Chrono Trigger? So many awesome options! Might even re-purchase Lost Odyssey for xbox 360!

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 10:57 pm