Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead Empty Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead

Post  AdamCollings November 19th 2022, 5:12 am

I just learned that a streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle novels by Stephen R. Lawhead is in the works by something called The Daily Wire Plus.
    This is exciting, as I loved this series and have very fond memories of reading it as a teenager.

https://lorehaven.com/news/daily-wire-announces-streaming-series-based-stephen-r-lawhead-pendragon-cycle/

But I can't help but wonder, can a streaming service I've never even heard of possibly have the resources to do this thing justice? And will I actually be able to watch it?

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead Empty Re: Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead

Post  Paeter November 21st 2022, 8:16 pm

I believe this is the network that produced The Hyperions. Based on the budget given to that, I would at least not hold out hope that the visual effects are up to standard quality. However I can imagine it possibly being directed well.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead Empty Re: Streaming series based on the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen R. Lawhead

Post  AdamCollings November 22nd 2022, 5:41 pm

One benefit of the source material is that it's not overly high fantasy. You're not going to be seeing dragons and fireballs so the story won't call for a lot of visual effects. And most of it is set in post-Roman England. The biggest challenge will be the beginning of the story, which is set in Atlantis. I'd be expecting some impressive CGI location shots like we see in Lord of The Rings Rings of Power and some good set design. So maybe they could blow their VFX budget on the first few episodes and get away with it.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings November 22nd 2022, 6:19 pm

But now you've got me curious about this Hyperions. Don't remember if it's something you've reviewed, but I'll do some digging.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 28th 2022, 6:36 pm

AdamCollings wrote:But now you've got me curious about this Hyperions. Don't remember if it's something you've reviewed, but I'll do some digging.

No review. I think I talked about it in a geek week segment at some point. It's been a few months.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 5:46 am