Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Stephen King and God

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Stephen King and God Empty Stephen King and God

Post  Rickster May 31st 2013, 9:46 pm

Saw someone post this article on Facebook. Now I've never read any of King's books so I don't know much about him but I thought it was interesting

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/31/horror-author-stephen-king-has-a-message-for-atheists-and-non-believers-plus-see-what-he-said-about-intelligent-design/
    TheTJ
    TheTJ

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 1

Stephen King and God Empty Re: Stephen King and God

Post  TheTJ June 2nd 2013, 1:11 am

I'm not too surprised, although it's nice to hear.

I used to be a huge King fan back in the day, I still have all of his books, and beside the whole sort of Horror theme he's got going there's actually quite a lot of stuff about higher powers. Some of the stuff is built from scratch like the Dark Tower books which tie together most of his stuff in a semi-meta way.

But one book had some pretty clear religious parallels: The Stand. There's a clear 'Devil" figure and some clear allusions to the Bible. I suggest giving it a read. It's a bit of a tome but there are enough characters that it's not too monotonous.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve June 3rd 2013, 3:14 am

I believe The Stand is the longest novel I've read by some margin... (don't let that put you off, mind, it's worth the time!)

I seem to remember thinking Insomnia was very nearly a story about angels too.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington June 11th 2013, 12:55 am

Psalm 19 wrote:The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.

I thought this was an appropriate verse for what he is saying.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 12:53 am