Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017)

ProtectTheAlphaWolf
    ProtectTheAlphaWolf

Activity : 16
    Geek-Cred : 0

Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017) Empty Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017)

Post  ProtectTheAlphaWolf November 1st 2017, 10:04 am

I just recently picked up a copy of the Scarlett Johansson version of "Ghost in the Shell" that came out earlier this year, and I actually really enjoyed it, despite some of it's quirks and downfalls.

I've always wanted to see the anime, but due to the thing being chuck-full of nudity, I will probably never see it unless someone comes along and censors/filters it first. I'm not sure how faithful of a representation it was, but I was wondering if any of you guys had seen the new film and had any thoughts on it.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017) Empty Re: Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017)

Post  mindspike November 1st 2017, 11:25 am

I guess I fall into the category of "old guys", LOL. I remember when the original came out, though I never read the manga.

Paeter did a podcast and YouTube review of the movie. If you haven't checked out the Christian Geek Central blog, podcast, and YouTube channel, you might find something you like. Paeter is a certified crazy freak!

The podcast.

The video.

jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017) Empty Re: Has Anyone Seen The New "Ghost in the Shell" Movie? (2017)

Post  jorowi November 2nd 2017, 9:39 am

I read the original manga and watched the original film in the theater. There were some nice homages to both in the new film. If you want to watch the original without nudity, try VidAngel (www.vidangel.com). It ties into various streaming services and filters content based on your tastes. You'd have to see if the original GiTS movie is on their list.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 2nd 2017, 12:28 pm

mindspike wrote: Paeter is a certified crazy freak!

Signed by the doctor and hanging in a frame. Just like my corn flakes!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 2nd 2017, 5:06 pm

Paeter wrote:
    mindspike wrote: Paeter is a certified crazy freak!
    Signed by the doctor and hanging in a frame. Just like my corn flakes!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 2:37 pm