Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

New Geek Podcast - "Two-Geek Soup"

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

New Geek Podcast - "Two-Geek Soup" Empty New Geek Podcast - "Two-Geek Soup"

Post  Reed Benson December 1st 2017, 4:37 am

More Thank One Lesson added a new podcast to their lineup. I've posted about "The Fear of God" podcast before - that's the one about Christianity and the horror genre - and now they've got one about Christianity and geeky stuff called "Two-Geek Soup."

http://morethanonelesson.com/two-geek-soup-pilot/

I'm not involved with the podcast in any way, but I listened to their first episode, and I enjoyed it and thought it might interest some of you guys and girls. In the pilot, the two hosts talk about their personal geek histories, get into the tech stuff, begin a series of revisiting the Marvel movies starting with Iron Man, and tease a regular segment where one host talks to his non-geeky brother about geeky stuff.

Here's the link for Spreaker: https://www.spreaker.com/show/two-geek-soup

Here's the link for iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/two-geek-soup/id1313122705?mt=2

There's a second episode up, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Geek Podcast - "Two-Geek Soup" Empty Re: New Geek Podcast - "Two-Geek Soup"

Post  Paeter December 1st 2017, 8:13 am

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Post  Reed Benson December 5th 2017, 6:28 pm

Wait, never mind. Listening to episode 3, and the main host doesn't like the Wonder Woman movie or the DCEU. Must cut all ties. Abort! Abort!

(Okay, maybe that's a little extreme.)
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings December 5th 2017, 10:35 pm

Reed Benson wrote:Wait, never mind. Listening to episode 3, and the main host doesn't like the Wonder Woman movie or the DCEU. Must cut all ties. Abort! Abort!

Jokes aside. I'm often tentative with my following of a new podcast until I know their thoughts on the DCEU. They don't have to have the same view as me, but If they're a DCEU basher, then no thanks.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Post  Reed Benson December 6th 2017, 9:06 pm

AdamCollings wrote:
    Reed Benson wrote:Wait, never mind. Listening to episode 3, and the main host doesn't like the Wonder Woman movie or the DCEU. Must cut all ties. Abort! Abort!

Jokes aside. I'm often tentative with my following of a new podcast until I know their thoughts on the DCEU. They don't have to have the same view as me, but If they're a DCEU basher, then no thanks.

Right on the money. Wonder Woman in particular holds a special place in my heart. Not only is it my favorite superhero movie because it felt so complete to me, but it's the only superhero movie I've taken my wife to that she absolutely loved. We connected through it more than any other film we've seen together, and that's priceless.

I know other people have different experiences with films than I do, and I don't begrudge anyone their opinions when they differ from mine. But since Wonder Woman pretty much encapsulates the fundamentals of what I want in superhero films, then if you don't like it, I'm probably not going to enjoy many other aspects of your podcast/blog/YouTube show/whatever.

It'd be like me trying to listen to a podcast about Christian literature by someone who hates C.S. Lewis' work...only worse.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 2:29 am