Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

How Much Crossover Do You Want In Your Shared Universe?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

How Much Crossover Do You Want In Your Shared Universe? Empty How Much Crossover Do You Want In Your Shared Universe?

Post  Paeter June 27th 2018, 9:20 am

Jorowi said something interesting on another thread I thought would lead to an interesting topic separately. he wrote:

jorowi wrote:
    One thing I like about Agents of SHIELD is that the characters exist in the same universe but, for the most part, we don't see the characters from the movies. The events are mentioned but the characters in AoS operate independently.

It's a big universe. show the size of the universe instead of limiting your stories and storytelling.

If you could reboot the MCU or DCEU, would you do the same amount of crossover, more, or less.

I liked the amount in Marvel early on. It was mostly references with crossovers largely limited to credits scenes. But now I'm getting Hull in my Thor movie and Iron man in my Spider-man movie. Cool in some ways, but I think it also limits the available tones that can co-exist in the same continuity.

And as much as I loved Batman V Superman, I'm glad Wonder Woman didn't have more than a letter from Bruce Wayne in her movie. I think I like "references" being the main point of connection, with separate "team" or "event" movies being what bring multiple heroes on the screen together.

But maybe that's just me. Anyone fine with the current mix? Anyone want them to just go nuts and stop putting only one hero's name in a movie title?

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 10:08 am