Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face) Empty Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face)

Post  AGoodReed October 22nd 2018, 4:32 am

I haven't seen the new Halloween yet, but I just listened to Paeter's review, and I caught something I had to mention. Paeter, you mentioned that Michael Myers' face has never been revealed. That's probably what a lot of people assume. But if you watch the ending to the original 1978 film (spoilers)...

The mask comes off around the 3:12 mark.

I'm guessing that the director of the first sequel, Halloween II, wasn't a fan of Michael showing his face, though. Pretty much this whole scene is replayed at the beginning of that film, but the bit where Laurie pulls his mask off is cut out.

I liked the Halloween movies I've seen. The first two are pretty much one long film, and then the third one is an entirely different story (about a creepy small town and a sinister plot to kill a lot of people on Halloween) that doesn't even include Michael Myers. John Carpenter and Debra Hill only agreed to work on it if it wasn't a direct sequel, so the series briefly became an anthology series.

I haven't seen anything after Halloween III. I've heard that the fourth, fifth, and sixth films aren't very good, so I want to see them because...I just gotta know. I've also heard that film #7, H20, is much better and works as a good finale to a trilogy of Michael Myers/Laurie Strode movies, so I've got to see that sometime.

Then they made another one, and then Rob Zombie did his two reboots that I'm iffy about because Rob Zombie seems to just like gore and debauchery in his films.

And now we have the new one. Is it true that the first Halloween is the only one that's still in continuity with it? I figured #2 and H20 would still be cannon since Laurie is in them all.

Anyone else into these films? I'm kind of jonesing to watch some 80's and 90's horror these days.

Last edited by AGoodReed on October 22nd 2018, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing some formatting)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face) Empty Re: Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face)

Post  Paeter October 22nd 2018, 10:21 am

Interesting! And really weird to see that now! Thanks for the info!

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face) Empty Re: Halloween film franchise discussion (and Michael Myers' face)

Post  WhiteBoy November 19th 2018, 6:22 pm

AGoodReed wrote:Then they made another one, and then Rob Zombie did his two reboots that I'm iffy about because Rob Zombie seems to just like gore and debauchery in his films.

It pretty much hold true in these, too.  It is a very dark, gritty reboot.  It does spend some more time on Michael's childhood which I found interesting, but yeah... pretty rough viewing!

And now we have the new one. Is it true that the first Halloween is the only one that's still in continuity with it? I figured #2 and H20 would still be cannon since Laurie is in them all.

Anyone else into these films? I'm kind of jonesing to watch some 80's and 90's horror these days.

I enjoy the movies I've seen, though I have not watched them all.  I watched the new one and it is my favorite in the franchise except for the first one.  I agree that II and H20 should be considered canon, but from what I understand it considers only the first one canon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 9:21 pm