Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

I finally saw Batman: Hush and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (spoilers)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

I finally saw Batman: Hush and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (spoilers) Empty I finally saw Batman: Hush and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (spoilers)

Post  AGoodReed February 22nd 2020, 5:37 pm

Overall, I liked them both, but I liked Bloodlines a lot more. I appreciated Hush, but it's not high on my list of ones I want to see again. I guess I just have such fond memories of the source material, and the film version leaves too many things out. I agree with Paeter that it was pretty hampered by having to conform it to the DC Animated Movie Universe

I much preferred the Riddler reveal at the end of the comics, where the final confrontation is between Batman and Riddler in a cell, over the rote chemical plant climax in the film. And killing off the Riddler in the DCAMU really limits some of the Batman stories I'd like to see them adapt (particularly "The War of Jokes and Riddles").

I did really like Nightwing in the film, though. And I've always liked Jason O'Mara as Batman. Not high on the voice they chose for Catwoman; she needs a deeper, more sultry voice to really capture the character, I think.

As for Bloodlines, it really was a series of encounters that kind of tied into the plot, but it was entertaining, and I didn't have any source material to judge it against. The final encounter on Themyscira was pretty hardcore, though it would have been nice to see Wonder Woman reeling a bit more from all the damage she took.

The worst part of it was making Etta Candy not only gay, but a playgirl. She's standing there with an Amazon in each arm at the end.

Did anyone else notice that the last few installments of this universe have featured the heroes transitioning out of their New 52-style outfits into more traditional styles?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

I finally saw Batman: Hush and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (spoilers) Empty Re: I finally saw Batman: Hush and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (spoilers)

Post  Paeter February 24th 2020, 11:58 am

AGoodReed wrote:

Did anyone else notice that the last few installments of this universe have featured the heroes transitioning out of their New 52-style outfits into more traditional styles?

I think I have, now that you mention it. I suspect that's because in the print world they have been easing off many New-52 changes and course correcting back to some of what they had dropped. Speaking of which, in a few more months plan to review the completed Doomsday Clock story and determine whether or not I will begin some kind of return to regular DC Comics reading! Hopefully these costume changes are indications of DC heading back to better things.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 1:08 am