Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record?

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record? Empty Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record?

Post  AGoodReed January 15th 2021, 9:50 am

Check out these pages from the beginning of Justice League: Darkseid War, which was published near the end of the "New 52" era of DC comics. (I've read that it had quietly been rebranded "DC You" by this point.)

Metron (who's kind of like the Watcher of the DC universe) remembers the history-altering "Crises" of DC's history. Can you guess which one is left out?

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record? Img_0121

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record? Img_0122

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record? Img_0123
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record? Empty Re: Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record?

Post  Paeter January 15th 2021, 11:20 am

I give up! Which Crisis is missing?
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record? Empty Re: Has DC erased a certain "Crisis" from the record?

Post  AGoodReed January 15th 2021, 12:38 pm

Paeter wrote:I give up! Which Crisis is missing?

The one you went off on when you had your old blog. And on the first episode of the Spirit Blade Underground Podcast. The one that made you say things about Dan DiDio that you regret. The "Final" one.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 19th 2021, 1:08 pm

AGoodReed wrote:
    Paeter wrote:I give up! Which Crisis is missing?

The one you went off on when you had your old blog. And on the first episode of the Spirit Blade Underground Podcast. The one that made you say things about Dan DiDio that you regret. The "Final" one.

Oh, interesting! If memory serves, though, I'm not sure that was a "Crisis" in the same way these others were. It was a big event and had "Crisis" in the publishing title. But did it do stuff with time and resetting continuity? I honestly don't remember. (While I still regret how I expressed myself, I still have to say that reading that felt like reading someone's nonsensical fever dream.)

Not surprised either way, I guess!
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed January 19th 2021, 5:15 pm

Paeter wrote:Oh, interesting! If memory serves, though, I'm not sure that was a "Crisis" in the same way these others were. It was a big event and had "Crisis" in the publishing title. But did it do stuff with time and resetting continuity?

Well, it had red skies. And it was meant to re-introduce the multiverse to the DCU (though that included during the build-up). It was also supposed to bring back the classic version of Aquaman, but that was ignored or handwaved away by any subsequent comic. And it brought Barry Allen back. But I don't know that it was meant to change events in DC history like its predecessors.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 20th 2021, 12:29 pm

AGoodReed wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Oh, interesting! If memory serves, though, I'm not sure that was a "Crisis" in the same way these others were. It was a big event and had "Crisis" in the publishing title. But did it do stuff with time and resetting continuity?

Well, it had red skies. And it was meant to re-introduce the multiverse to the DCU (though that included during the build-up). It was also supposed to bring back the classic version of Aquaman, but that was ignored or handwaved away by any subsequent comic. And it brought Barry Allen back. But I don't know that it was meant to change events in DC history like its predecessors.

Okay, that's jogging my memory a bit.

I WILL say that the tie-ins for Final Crisis were well worth reading. In fact, I think of them as the core story. The Flash tie-in was solid and the Legion of Superheroes one reads like what the main story should have been. And I think each were 3 or so issues long, and so combined they actually present more story than the core Final Crisis books.

Anyway, thanks for all the info!
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed February 15th 2021, 1:56 pm

Well, maybe I spoke to soon. I'm re-reading Dark Nights Metal right now, and Batman talks about the time Darkseid hit him with the Omega Sanction and sent him back in time. I don't see how that could have happened in the New 52 universe. Pretty sure Darkseid disappeared after the first New 52 Justice League story (adapted into the Justice League: War animated film) and didn't return until Justice League: Darkseid War, so there wasn't any place for him to zap Batman through time.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 16th 2021, 1:35 pm

In any case, it seems like Final Crisis is at least be de-emphasized, which I'm totally fine with. Also curious who wrote that issue. Grant Morrison perhaps? ;-)
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed February 16th 2021, 1:54 pm

Paeter wrote:In any case, it seems like Final Crisis is at least be de-emphasized, which I'm totally fine with. Also curious who wrote that issue. Grant Morrison perhaps? ;-)

Dark Nights Metal was written by Scott Snyder. Grant Morrison did write a tie-in book that I haven't gotten to yet, but that's not the one where this mention happened.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is June 2nd 2024, 5:27 am