Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

How my brain works (hint: rabbit holes)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

How my brain works (hint: rabbit holes) Empty How my brain works (hint: rabbit holes)

Post  AGoodReed November 4th 2021, 8:06 pm

Here's a look at how my thought process goes. Maybe y'all can relate:

I was taking a shower and thinking about what might happen if I get denied a visa to return to China.

• I thought about how my wife might react if we get news that I've been denied. I prayed for God to give me words to comfort her if that happens because I suck at comforting people.

• I thought that she might cry, or she might go through the stages of grief.

• I tried to remember what the stages of grief were. I recalled denial, depression, anger, bargaining, and acceptance, but I couldn't remember if that was all of them or what order they were supposed to be in.

• I remembered where I first heard about the stages of grief. It was in a mini-series by Marvel Comics that came out after the death of Captain America. In each issue, a different superhero went through one of the stages of grief.

• I recalled how it's a common misconception that Captain America was killed at the end of the Civil War mini-series. That series ended when Cap realized his anti-registration side was doing more harm than good, so he surrendered to the government and was put in prison.

• I went over how his death happened in a follow-up storyline in the regular Captain America ongoing series. He was being moved between prisons when a sniper (Crossbones) shot him, and then he was finished off by Sharon Carter who was unknowingly a sleeper agent hypnotized by the Red Skull.

• I thought about how Captain America was brought back to life not long afterwards through some story where he was lost in time or something.

• I thought about how that was very similar to the way Batman was brought back after Darkseid killed him in Final Crisis. But it made more sense for Batman because Darkseid's Omega Sanction can actually send people through time, but regular bullets can't.

• I thought about how I'd just read the other day that Erik Larsen killed off the Savage Dragon (in the Image Comics series) a while ago and insisted that it would stick, but it didn't.

• I thought about how comic book writers like to kill off big characters and act like "this time, it's permanent!" Marvel did that with Wolverine when they killed him to spite FOX for not giving them the X-Men movie rights back, but of course they brought him back to life after a little while.

Then I started wondering what I'd originally been thinking about that had got me to this point.

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 7:05 am