Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny Empty Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Post  AdamCollings December 1st 2022, 5:45 pm

I knew a new Indy movie was in the works, but wasn't expecting a trailer to appear this morning.

I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by the trailer. I think the main reason is that we get little from it. What's this one about? What is the dial of destiny?

But despite the trailer not doing a lot for me, I am still excited by the possibility of one last Indy movie and am more than willing to give it the benefit of the doubt while I wait for it.

I didn't mind Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. I'd rate it lower then Last Crusade and Raiders of The Lost Ark, but around the same level as Temple of Doom.

So who knows what this one will bring. I'm off to google the dial of destiny to see if it's something from actual mythology, or just something they made up for the movie.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny Empty Re: Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Post  AdamCollings December 1st 2022, 5:50 pm

Although I am excited to see John Rhys Davies returning to the franchise.

Watching it again, I'm curious about the thematic ideas the movie might explore. Perhaps some stuff about aging, regret, and missing the old days. I'm sure there's some meaningful stuff they could do with that.

But I'm very interested to see how the movie will explore ideas of faith and belief. The trailer gives enough time to this that it makes me think this could be an important theme in the movie. Obviously, I don't agree with Indy's quote, but I'm curious. Indy is an interesting character in that he's seen so much, and yet he still remains something of a skeptic.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny Empty Re: Indianna Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Post  jorowi December 5th 2022, 7:45 am

I'll probably wait until this is available to rent. I'm a little worn out on the nostalgia craze.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 5th 2022, 5:09 pm

AdamCollings wrote: Obviously, I don't agree with Indy's quote, but I'm curious.

Yeah, that quote is bonkers coming from this guy. For those who haven't watched the trailer I believe the sentiment is something like "it doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is how hard you believe it."

And I'm thinking, "Indy, you fought Nazis. What in the world are you talking about?"

For me, Crystal Skull was a zero-stakes amusement park ride that left the franchise in a place where I'm skeptical that its for me. But if new trailers show me an Indy like the one who was genuinely sweating; who was terrified of snakes and dudes who can pull hearts out, I might start being interested again.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings April 11th 2023, 1:56 am

New trailer is out.
    This one is making me think that maybe, the "dial of destiny" is a time-travel device.
    I think I'm cool with time travel in an Indianna Jones movie. I was cool with interdimensional aliens, though I know some weren't.

I'm gonna guess that the young woman he's with is the daughter of Marcus. Not sure who else it could be.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 11th 2023, 11:17 am

In any case, it looks like this one is giving those "coming full circle" vibes, which says to me they anticipate this being the last. That makes me a bit more open. It looks like it might have a little more heart/character than the last one. We'll see!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 12:36 am