Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Andromeda TV series

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Andromeda TV series Empty Andromeda TV series

Post  Drew.Rub October 23rd 2011, 12:49 pm

So I recently found a site (megavideo.com) where I can watch Andromeda, starring Kevin Sorbo, from season 1 through the end. I've recently started watching it as I had missed a lot of the episodes until about season 3 or 4.

I was wondering what others thought of the series? I'm still trying to decide if it's worth continuing. I can't say that the acting is all that exceptional. It's passable, but nothing noteworthy to mention. I do like the sets, although some of the internal sets for Andromeda seem, repeated and give me the impression her interior is a complex maze of levels. There's always a ramp in the corridors.

The special effects don't seem to be all that special. Again, i'd hahve to call them passable, but not exceptional. And the storyline. Season One is Dylan trying to reestablish the Commonwealth. I seem to remember somewhere along the lines that it happens, but I'm waiting to see how it develops.

Anyone else have thoughts on this show?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Andromeda TV series Empty Re: Andromeda TV series

Post  Paeter October 24th 2011, 3:03 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:

Anyone else have thoughts on this show?

I watched it for a little bit. Can't remember if it was before Farscape or not, but there are some superficial similarities between both shows. I don't remember thinking it was bad. Just didn't have what I was itching for at the time.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub November 16th 2011, 7:09 pm

I am now on season two, and so far, I can say that the best thing season one had over season two is the intro monologue and music was better in season one. That isn't to say much, as the opening monologue in seasoned was pretty lame as well.

As for the acting, it's about average, which means it is passable. I do like the character of Shamus Harper. About the only noteworthy part of e series I can find for possible discussion is the comparison of the Wayists and their Divine to a possible relation to God. I will have to watch it a bit more to see if I still feel that way.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 17th 2011, 6:20 pm

You're making me want to go back and give it another try! If I do I'll be sure to come back to this thread! (You didn't see "Earth Final Conflict" on that site, did you? Always meant to finish watching that series, too.)

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Andromeda TV series Empty Here's a bump from the past....

Post  tmorrill February 4th 2012, 4:39 am

I saw Andromeda and I have it on a hard drive. I have a love-hate relationship with that show. The epic scale of the story in the first couple seasons is absolutely worth it, but the 4th and 5th season just plainly suck, they're inconsistent with continuity (and baaaaaaad about it too, IE the ship is basically fully crewed one episode, then no one on it the next).

There are a few good episodes in that season, but not enough to be worth the stupid from the rest of it.

I haven't seen the show recently enough to comment on The Way and the Divine versus the Truth though.
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub February 7th 2012, 8:18 am

Paeter wrote:You're making me want to go back and give it another try! If I do I'll be sure to come back to this thread! (You didn't see "Earth Final Conflict" on that site, did you? Always meant to finish watching that series, too.)

Yup, it's there. http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/earth_final_conflict/

Ihave kind of stalled on Andromeda. Last time I tried to watch an ep or two, they failed to load. Not sure why. Have to go back on a free lunch break this week and see if they are back to normal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 4:56 am