Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment Empty Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment

Post  Hackmodford February 13th 2012, 2:19 pm

I came across this video and thought it demonstrates a very valid point in regards to choices of entertainment.

It is Atheist vs Christian but I can appreciate it still Wink

Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment Empty Re: Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment

Post  Paeter February 13th 2012, 11:14 pm

I'm looking for the "valid point" you're referring to. Can you spell it out for me? I'm not getting it.

As for my knee-jerk reaction to the video in general:

C.S. Lewis describes a person who "wants to destroy Christianity" in his book "Mere Christianity". In it, he says, "Such people put up a version of Christianity suitable for a child of six and make that the object of their attack."

I submit for consideration that C.S. Lewis was a time traveler, saw this video, and then traveled back to his own time to write his book.

Despite the fact that a painful number of Christians may actually have the same mentality as the "Christian" in this video, it is a Christianity "suitable for a child of six" and without basis in scripture. At least no basis I can see without making heavy edits to the text.

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment Empty Re: Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment

Post  Hackmodford February 14th 2012, 12:00 am

I guess it just struck a chord in regards to Christian = Family Safe
    And then we tell our kids to read the bible Razz

Atheist take on Unsterilized entertainment UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

Post  Guest February 14th 2012, 12:30 am

Are you referring to choices of entertainment in the sense that the Christian is reading the Bible, and the atheist is reading Harry Potter? Or are you seeing something in the nature of the debate about the contents of their chosen reading material? I could see many different interpretations emerging from what you're hinting at seeing as valid appraisal of choices.

On the surface level, I've encountered plenty of Christians who have read and liked Harry Potter, and there are a number of Atheists who have read the Bible (the entire book).

The video holds back a lot. I would bet that people from both camps might find that the video holds back on a lot of potential arguing points. At best its a gentle warm-up for a much more hard-core set of Christian vs. Atheist debates.

Edit: Ah! You answered while I was typing. I'll let my post stand, I can't stand deleting all the stuff I took time typing out.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 15th 2012, 12:06 am

Hackmodford wrote:I guess it just struck a chord in regards to Christian = Family Safe
    And then we tell our kids to read the bible Razz

Oh okay yeah. I gotcha now.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 15th 2012, 12:08 am

Desert Kris wrote:

Edit: Ah! You answered while I was typing. I'll let my post stand, I can't stand deleting all the stuff I took time typing out.

LOL! I know, I hate it when that happens!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 10:48 am