Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+6
Tim
Rickster
Aussie_Pilgrim
Alee
Paeter
Digdug445
10 posters

Up-coming Movies

Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Activity : 58
    Geek-Cred : 0

Up-coming Movies Empty Up-coming Movies

Post  Digdug445 July 6th 2010, 3:03 pm

Anyone have Movies that are coming out this year that they want see? I really want to see Tron: Legacy and Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader when they come out.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Up-coming Movies Empty Re: Up-coming Movies

Post  Paeter July 6th 2010, 5:11 pm

Digdug445 wrote:Anyone have Movies that are coming out this year that they want see? I really want to see Tron: Legacy and Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader when they come out.

I still need to go watch the trailer for "Dawn Treader". Can't wait! The next three weeks I'll be seeing (hopefully) Predators, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Inception. I'm stoked for Tron, too!

www.spiritblade.com
    Alee
    Alee
    Alliance Member

Activity : 16

Post  Alee July 6th 2010, 7:51 pm

I didn't even know the trailer for Voyage of the Dawn Treader was out yet. I need to go watch this.

...okay, watched it. Am now officially excited.
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Activity : 27

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 1:06 am

Totally looking forward to "inception", looks like a real head spinner. tron legacy and the Harry Potters are way up there, and i was looking forward to Airbender untill all fan hate hit the web so now im a little deflated, narnia im worried about simple becasue its not disney and Fox is now producing it, but the trailer did look promising, but the one that i quickly becoming my NUMBER 1 anticipated movie for the year is "Scott Pilgrin Vs The World"! looks Epicly geeky Very Happy
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 7th 2010, 1:15 am

Aussie_Pilgrim wrote:Totally looking forward to "inception", looks like a real head spinner. tron legacy and the Harry Potters are way up there, and i was looking forward to Airbender untill all fan hate hit the web so now im a little deflated, narnia im worried about simple becasue its not disney and Fox is now producing it, but the trailer did look promising, but the one that i quickly becoming my NUMBER 1 anticipated movie for the year is "Scott Pilgrin Vs The World"! looks Epicly geeky Very Happy

I just saw an advertisement for Scott Pilgrin the other day looks good.
    As for Narnia< we're lucky Fox pick it up after Disney drop it and I read an a article that it will have more of the Christian elements of the book
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 1:34 am

Don't get me wrong I'm stoked it coming out. And as long as fox stays far away from the production I'm all happy, I've heard interviews with CS Lewis' step son (I've blanket on his name) and he is heavily involved in the writing and production of the films and kudos to him and his team cause prince caspian was a phenomenal film. Dawn treader was one of my fav books of the series so I'm very much looking forward to the film. Awesome to hear the gospel themes might be more evident in this, it's always good to have a film which starts those sorts of conversations.
    Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Activity : 58

Post  Digdug445 July 7th 2010, 1:49 am

That's good that they are staying truer to the book. I was kinda bummed that Disney wasn't doing it anymore, until I saw Ricky's post. Oh, has anyone seen the old BBC Narnia films? They crack me up whenever I watch them.
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 2:25 am

Ahahahaha thanks for old memory digdug, we used to watch them in school. So awesome. When Lucy first introduced herself eagerly with a lisp 'I'M LUFFY!" to Mr tomnas, surfice to say it's still a running joke among my friends lol.

Oh another one I'm now looking forward to is 'the Sorcerer's apprentice" heard an interview wig him on slice of sci-fi the other day and sounds like they might have done a pretty good tribute to the fantasia clip.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 7th 2010, 11:53 am

Aussie_Pilgrim wrote:sounds like they might have done a pretty good tribute to the fantasia clip.

Had no idea till recently they were even connected. I'm just hoping for a cool and dazzling "sorcerer flick". Looks good so far!

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim July 7th 2010, 2:10 pm

yeah really looking forward to Sorcerer's Apprentice. There is an early 5 minutes from the film up on SlashFilm if you go searching for it. They even had a clip of the "Fantasia" Scene.

Also love Narnia, excited for Dawn Treader. Loved reading those books growing up. Actually while reading those books, was the first time I ever cried reading a book. They moved me that much. The book that that happened in is MY favorite, The Magicians Nephew.

And who can forget the the old BBC version. I still have them on VHS somewhere around here!

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142

Post  Rohelf July 16th 2010, 12:00 pm

Put me down as another one eager for Dawn Treader. I can't wait to see how they handle things like Dragon-Eustace and the Island of Dreams. Unfortunately, Dunadwarf and I won't be able to see it together like we did Prince Caspian, but I'm still stoked.

I've also got a coworker who's a big Potterhead, and she's eager for Deathly Hallows to come out, and curious as how exactly they plan to split it into two (although she agrees that it almost has to be split to have enough time to cover all the plot crammed into that book).

And I myself keep hoping the debate over who's doing what on The Hobbit gets resolved and they can start actually making the movie, although in that case, I'm not so sure about splitting it into two films. I can't think of a good place to break the story in the middle chronologically, so maybe they'll cover Bilbo and the dwarves first, then go back and elaborate on the White Council and Dol Guldur for the second?
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 16th 2010, 8:46 pm

deathly hollows has a few places which make for logical split point between two movies, of which cast and crew are keeping VERY secret and we won't know untill we actually see the film. And I am also glad they are splitting the final book into two to parts to do it justice, it's a genius idea....in this case. Ofcourse now we have twilight doing its final installment in 2 parts, which is going to create two very very slow films, ironically would have made a pretty good action/romance movie if it was not to be split (there's just not that much in the book), but why make quality when there is money to be made! And I think this sadly might be the start of a trend.

I must admit it's been a long time since I read 'the hobbit', but I don't rememer it being THAT big of a book. Id be more than happy to see a 3+ hr movie based on the Novel than having to pay for it twice.

ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan July 17th 2010, 2:23 pm

Daughter & I are waiting to see Scott Pilgrim.
    Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142

Post  Rohelf July 19th 2010, 10:46 am

Aussie_Pilgrim wrote:...why make quality when there is money to be made! And I think this sadly might be the start of a trend.

I must admit it's been a long time since I read 'the hobbit', but I don't rememer it being THAT big of a book. Id be more than happy to see a 3+ hr movie based on the Novel than having to pay for it twice.

Aussie, I agree! There's enough in the Hobbit to make one good large movie. In order to make it into two, they'd have to really stuff the story. And it's not even like they can pull elements out of apocryphal works like Unfinished Tales or Peoples of Middle-earth, because there's very little written about the period between Hobbit and LotR, and most of those things are unrelated chronicle events that would be hard to string onto a unified narrative. So if they wanted more story elements, they'd have to extrapolate and/or just plain make them up, and the only reason I can think of to do that, is, as you said, for the $$$ Suspect . Which would disappoint me greatly. Crying or Very sad You've respected your fans in the past, PJ. Don't let them down now.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy July 19th 2010, 1:26 pm

Oh, has anyone seen the old BBC Narnia films?
    Hehe...these are funny. We got them for the kids when the first Narnia movie came out. It's funny checking out the costumes, seeing Wicket from Return of the Jedi, and much more. Smile

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf August 5th 2010, 12:48 pm

I'm with you guys. Deathly Hallows and Dawn Treader ought to rock!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 4:01 am