Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Funny movie news

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Funny movie news Empty Funny movie news

Post  DNArington March 5th 2012, 8:54 pm

If you were one of these people thought Cowboys and Aliens was a weird mashup then hold onto your seats! alien Universal Studios are bringing the comic book "Cowboy Ninja Viking" to the big screen!

Arrow Check it out: http://screenrant.com/cowboy-ninja-viking-movie-writers-director-kofi-156974/

Ok it's not quite what it first sounds like but still...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Funny movie news Empty Re: Funny movie news

Post  Paeter March 7th 2012, 5:00 pm

Well, I didn't think much of Zombieland, but I'm definitely curious about this one!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike March 8th 2012, 3:33 pm

Paeter wrote:Well, I didn't think much of Zombieland, but I'm definitely curious about this one!

You know, Paeter, with your focus on character and emotional connection in storytelling, I'm really surprised to hear that. Zombieland was all about character study in a post-apocalyptic world gone mad. Personally, I'm really excited to know that the guys behind Zombieland also wrote the screenplay for G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Stephen Sommers makes a good action film, but he had no love or respect for the G.I. Joe franchise. The new guys are fans, and I have high hopes.....

Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford March 8th 2012, 4:29 pm

I'm soo tired of ocmic book movies to be honest Neutral
    I'm ready for something original to happen in my lifetime... kinda like how star wars happened in the 70's (I wasn't even born so missed it)

Funny movie news UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

Post  Guest March 8th 2012, 5:02 pm

Personally, I'm really excited to know that the guys behind Zombieland also wrote the screenplay for G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Stephen Sommers makes a good action film, but he had no love or respect for the G.I. Joe franchise. The new guys are fans, and I have high hopes.....

That must explain why even that short trailer provides enough of a glimpse to suggest to me that the new movie has something much closer to the right idea of what G.I. Joe is supposed to be like. It looks right, with the right vehicles and a good selection of characters (no matter what happens to the rest of the first movies' line up), and it almost seems like it's at the right balancing point between the old comic and cartoon series. I didn't see any sign of those accelerator suits, which I regard as a good sign.

I've not seen anything about Cowboy Ninja Viking, so sorry if I'm a little off topic. The only thing I can say about it is that it reminds me of a trade paperback collected comic I bought my brother for Christmas called Doctor McNinja, or something to that effect.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 8th 2012, 10:57 pm

Hackmodford wrote:I'm soo tired of ocmic book movies to be honest Neutral
    I'm ready for something original to happen in my lifetime... kinda like how star wars happened in the 70's (I wasn't even born so missed it)

Comic book movies tend to be my favorite type of movies, so whenever I hear of a movie that is based on this or that comic I always pay more attention. However, I agree that it would be awesome to have a huge original film again, but honestly I don't see foresee anything like that happening soon. No
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 9th 2012, 8:25 pm

mindspike wrote:
    You know, Paeter, with your focus on character and emotional connection in storytelling, I'm really surprised to hear that. Zombieland was all about character study in a post-apocalyptic world gone mad.

Maybe it was the way it was marketed (as a zombie action comedy). I suppose I could go back and give it another shot, but right now I can't imagine anything scratching the "character study in a post-apocalyptic world gone mad" itch better than AMC's "The Walking Dead".

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 7:20 am