Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+7
tmorrill
BenAvery
Hackmodford
WhiteBoy
Drew.Rub
DNArington
Paeter
11 posters

Ideas For Podcast?

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Ideas For Podcast? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas For Podcast?

Post  WhiteBoy April 27th 2012, 3:46 pm

Free cookies!

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 28th 2012, 11:09 pm

This is for only one podcast but I was thinking it would be cool if we (the audience) could submit everything for a SB podcast. We each send in different things, the intro, the review, the in search of truth, and the outro. Then we Paeter can take a "brake" from making the podcast, he would just have to stick it together. That could be a somthing fun to do for one episode.
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub April 28th 2012, 11:57 pm

DNArington wrote:This is for only one podcast but I was thinking it would be cool if we (the audience) could submit everything for a SB podcast. We each send in different things, the intro, the review, the in search of truth, and the outro. Then we Paeter can take a "brake" from making the podcast, he would just have to stick it together. That could be a somthing fun to do for one episode.

Oh, I'm so down for that! I want to help make this podcast a reality.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy April 29th 2012, 3:06 am

Oh, yeah!

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels May 3rd 2012, 3:28 pm

Personally I love the podcasts. Honestly I'd be afraid to make a dramatic change to the format at all. Sure "change is good" and all and you have to update. But there is also no need to fix it if it ain't broke! Personally you have a great voice and persona on the podcast, I've heard others that don't, nothing personal but if you open it up for the world, who knows what it would turn into! Now as for adding some more content, that sounds cool! I like the retro game idea! While old they are still relevant, I just bought my first GameCube a few months ago. My kids still have an NES and SNES sitting in their room hooked up. Sometimes you can't beat the classics. I think the more contend the better. Personally I don't care one way or another about comics, don't even own any but its cool hearing about them and understanding something about them that is outside of my field of view usually. I say bring in reviews of anything geeky, sounds fun! Keep up the good work and its great hearing about all this from a christian geek perspective!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 3rd 2012, 7:52 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:Personally I love the podcasts. Honestly I'd be afraid to make a dramatic change to the format at all. Sure "change is good" and all and you have to update. But there is also no need to fix it if it ain't broke! Personally you have a great voice and persona on the podcast, I've heard others that don't, nothing personal but if you open it up for the world, who knows what it would turn into! Now as for adding some more content, that sounds cool! I like the retro game idea! While old they are still relevant

I totally agree with you.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 3rd 2012, 11:15 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:I have an idea . . . stop checking my flipping DNA every time I listen to the podcast! What do you need it for? Are you making clones? Nephilim? Are you trying to steal my identity?

Don't get me wrong . . . the podcast is good . . . but maybe not so good that I'm willing to submit a DNA sample each and every time I listen. Maybe it's good enough for me to post my Soc. Security number or something . . . but NOT to give up my DNA rights!

Voice recognition? Yes!
    Thumb-print ID? of course!
    Retina scan? Absolutely!

Stay the DRAK away from my FRELLING DNA Spirit Blade!

Am I right? Anyone else? Hello? Helloooooo?

Biggest laugh of anything I've read online in awhile. Thanks, Nathan!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 3rd 2012, 11:18 pm

DNArington wrote:This is for only one podcast but I was thinking it would be cool if we (the audience) could submit everything for a SB podcast. We each send in different things, the intro, the review, the in search of truth, and the outro. Then we Paeter can take a "brake" from making the podcast, he would just have to stick it together. That could be a somthing fun to do for one episode.

Cool idea! Let's make it happen! I'll start a new thread to get this ball rolling.

www.spiritblade.com
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels May 4th 2012, 11:45 am

I had an idea....I suppose it could even be sourced from the community. You frequently mention video games and I'm sure we are all into various different ones. What if each show you just had like a cool "Did You Know" factoid about some game / system that you are currently playing and maybe a 20 second commentary on it or something. Just something quick and cool, not saying you need to spend a ton of time on it....unless you want to!

for instance......Did you know that in the original Legend of Zelda on NES during the second quest the dungeon maps for levels 5,1,3,4,2 spell out "zelda"?

or.......Did you konw that the company Nintendo was founded in Japan on September 23, 1889! Nintendo is over 120 years old! Nintendo started as a playing card company with a game called Hanafuda. In 1963 Nintendo started new ventures including Taxi companies, Hotels and a TV Network which all ultimately failed.

Just some thoughts. Anyway, pretty cool of you to take suggestions, hope you get some great ideas! Love what you got now, wouldn't mind seeing some new things included that would add to what you already have.
    orvette1
    orvette1

Activity : 60
    Geek-Cred : 3

Ideas For Podcast? - Page 2 Empty Idea

Post  orvette1 May 17th 2012, 11:11 am

One of the things you could do is this. Shorten one of your reviews once a month and put flash fiction in. Flash fiction is a story that is 2000 words or less. A person could submit a story, and either could read it or you could find people willing to narrate it. A once a month thing wouldn't be so hard I don't think. But then I'm not the one putting in all of the hard work to get the thing out there.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 18th 2012, 1:24 am

orvette1 wrote:One of the things you could do is this. Shorten one of your reviews once a month and put flash fiction in. Flash fiction is a story that is 2000 words or less. A person could submit a story, and either could read it or you could find people willing to narrate it. A once a month thing wouldn't be so hard I don't think. But then I'm not the one putting in all of the hard work to get the thing out there.

That would be totally awesome!! I love that idea! I believe there was one episode where he did a shot story someone wrote, but I can't remember which one it was on or what it's called.

I could probably write a short story or two, might be fun, I have a couple in mind.

(though don't shorten the reviews IMO, maybe just do it on days with no reviews or perhaps occasionally have a little bit of a longer episode, though that is kind of a lot to ask)
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster May 18th 2012, 2:08 am

It’s more changes to the website then the podcast but it is podcast related. Could you have a sponsors page with links o the websites of to sponsors that advertise on your podcast. Or if there is already a page like that could you let me know
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman May 18th 2012, 9:22 am

DNArington wrote:
    orvette1 wrote:One of the things you could do is this. Shorten one of your reviews once a month and put flash fiction in. Flash fiction is a story that is 2000 words or less. A person could submit a story, and either could read it or you could find people willing to narrate it. A once a month thing wouldn't be so hard I don't think. But then I'm not the one putting in all of the hard work to get the thing out there.

That would be totally awesome!! I love that idea! I believe there was one episode where he did a shot story someone wrote, but I can't remember which one it was on or what it's called.

I could probably write a short story or two, might be fun, I have a couple in mind.

(though don't shorten the reviews IMO, maybe just do it on days with no reviews or perhaps occasionally have a little bit of a longer episode, though that is kind of a lot to ask)

I agree Smile I think this idea is fantastic Smile

And, if I can promote myself a little, the episode with the flash fiction is here: http://paeter.libsyn.com/webpage/the-silver-dance-and-from-dusk-till-dawn-retro-review (Click on the MP3 Link .... its about 1/3 of the way in).

True Story: I actually wrote "The Silver Dance" based on 1 Sam. 14 after preparing a sermon from the text.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 18th 2012, 4:26 pm

Great ideas, guys! Lots for me to think about. Keep them coming!

www.spiritblade.com
    orvette1
    orvette1

Activity : 60
    Geek-Cred : 3

Ideas For Podcast? - Page 2 Empty Thinking about the podcast

Post  orvette1 May 18th 2012, 10:21 pm

Along with my suggestion to do a flash fiction once a month I would be willing to be one of your slush monkey's. A long time ago I had a pastor that got mad when people would say, we should do this or that. What they really meant was, he should do this or that. So when I make a suggestion for extra work I volunteer to help. If you decide to go with my suggestion I would think you would get a whole lot of people sending stories, I know I would.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy May 20th 2012, 12:07 am

I'm no writer so wouldn't be able to contribute in this way, but I like the idea. Smile

Post  DNArington June 7th 2012, 5:46 pm

Another thing you could do is giveaways every now and agian. Exclamation You could ask a question or something and the first right answer wins a DVD. You can find good movies for cheap at garage sales and Goodwill and the like. However since you are such a small company this could just be another expense. scratch

Just somthing to think about. Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 8th 2012, 5:56 pm

DNArington wrote:Another thing you could do is giveaways every now and agian. Exclamation You could ask a question or something and the first right answer wins a DVD. You can find good movies for cheap at garage sales and Goodwill and the like. However since you are such a small company this could just be another expense. scratch

Just somthing to think about. Smile

This is something I've thought about, although with books from authors I interview. I've got a couple collecting dust here. Just have to get off my butt and come up with contest ideas/questions/etc. Thanks for bringing this idea up!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 6:53 pm