Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Geoff Johns interview

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Geoff Johns interview Empty Geoff Johns interview

Post  DNArington April 17th 2012, 1:02 am

Here is an interesting interview with Geoff Johns, writer of the currently running Aquaman and Justice Leauge comics (among others, though those are the ones I am reading.)

http://ifanboy.com/articles/interview-geoff-johns-on-green-lantern-aquaman-justice-league-shazam/

He briefly talks about Shazam being in the last issue and what was up with that which I was happy to hear because I was wondering why he has his own little story at the end of of JL. I'm not a big fan of magic, so I can't say I'm especially excited about his story line, but I'm glad to have an explanation. What a Face
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Geoff Johns interview Empty Re: Geoff Johns interview

Post  BenAvery April 17th 2012, 8:00 pm

I'm extremely pleased with Aquaman -- he's taken a character I liked and turned him into a top selling book. Meaning, every issue I get some of the most beautiful artwork on shelved today . . . in an AQUAMAN book.

I'm curious about Shazam, but no one has ever quite gotten Shazam the way I think the character SHOULD be gotten. No one I've seen, anyway. As a concept, I feel like it just never hits the mark for me. I've always loved the concept, and never liked the execution.

~ Ben
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 17th 2012, 10:44 pm

BenAvery wrote:I'm extremely pleased with Aquaman -- he's taken a character I liked and turned him into a top selling book. Meaning, every issue I get some of the most beautiful artwork on shelved today . . . in an AQUAMAN book.

I'm curious about Shazam, but no one has ever quite gotten Shazam the way I think the character SHOULD be gotten. No one I've seen, anyway. As a concept, I feel like it just never hits the mark for me. I've always loved the concept, and never liked the execution.

~ Ben

Totally agree. I've always desperately WANTED Aquaman to work as well as he is in this book, so it's been a thrill. Also really agree about Captain Marvel (or I guess they are officially changing his name to Shazam, now) and the missed potential there. Feel the same about Superman, but DC seems to be blowing it worse than ever with his character. (At least for my tastes.)

Hopefully Shazam will capture a sense of youthful innocence and goodness lacking in every other comics character I can think of. (While also being an action packed, super-brawl fun-fest!)

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 18th 2012, 2:22 am

BenAvery wrote:I'm extremely pleased with Aquaman -- he's taken a character I liked and turned him into a top selling book. Meaning, every issue I get some of the most beautiful artwork on shelved today . . . in an AQUAMAN book.

I completely agree! I have been enjoying Aquaman a LOT...maybe even more than Justice Leauge! So far in JL Aquaman hasn't really gotten his time to shine, at least not to my satisfactment, while all the other characters have.

Is it just me or did the first JL story arc seem very rushed? They were throwing in a hero a comic pretty much the whole time and while I thought they introduced Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman very well, i thought they should have slowed down and taken three, four, or maybe even five more issues in the story arc as a whole, spreading out character introductions a bit. All in all though I am really enjoying the series so far and can't wait to see what happens next.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 6:41 am