Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
Tim
DNArington
Rickster
7 posters

Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers Empty Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers

Post  Rickster May 2nd 2012, 10:31 pm

I thought it would be fun to see if we could predict on what Paeter will give upcoming movies at least in Quality (Relevance might be a little harder to do)
    Starting with The Avengers
    I think the fact that Marvel did the impossible in getting this movie made and the Incredible Hulk was the only one of the MCU movies that didn't get a 9.0 or hire (it got an 8.5) I'm going to say this movie will get at lowest a 9.0 but very likly get a 10

What are your thoughts?
    Agree? Disagree?
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers Empty Re: Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers

Post  DNArington May 3rd 2012, 1:33 am

Oooo....I like this idea!!

I'm going to say a 9.5 just because a 10 is so hard to get and all the tie in movies have been great (except Thor IMO) and it's been getting rave reviews.

What do you win if you're right? Wink
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers Empty Re: Predicting Paeter's reveiw score for Avengers

Post  Tim May 3rd 2012, 8:36 am

I'm gonna go out there and say he'll give it a 10. When I see the movie tonight I'll more accurately be able to predict a relevance score but I've got strong feelings that this might be another 10 along with Iron Man and Sucker Punch. It definitely cannot be anything less that a 9.0. Not after all the single movies and it being directed by Joss Whedon who is the king of ensembles.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman May 3rd 2012, 2:46 pm

Great idea . . . I'm going to guess that quality gets a 10!

Relevance . . . hmmm . . . 7.5

I can't wait to see it!
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy May 3rd 2012, 2:53 pm

I'll guess a 9.5, just because 10 is so tough to get. My family and I are all looking forward to going to see this. My kids have been going around saying "We have a Hulk" and laughing. Smile

Post  Rickster May 3rd 2012, 3:50 pm

Question does Paeter only go up by 5's (6.0, 6.5, 7.0 etc) or does he ve give something like a 7.7?
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy May 3rd 2012, 10:49 pm

Rickster wrote:Question does Paeter only go up by 5's (6.0, 6.5, 7.0 etc) or does he ve give something like a 7.7?

I've only heard him go up by .5's. It's interesting that you mention this because I just broke this mold in a review I submitted to him for the podcast. I gave something a 9.3 rating. Smile

Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 3rd 2012, 11:11 pm

Interesting thread! lol!

I'm hoping to give it a 10!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 4th 2012, 4:21 am

Whoa! Whoa! Can I change my score to a 10? The Avengers was freaking AMAZING!!!!
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim May 4th 2012, 5:26 am

What did I tell you? 10 Definitely a 10! Probably going to be around a 5 or 6 for relevance but definitely a 10!!

I'm still just in a daze...

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster May 4th 2012, 6:18 am

Just got home from geeking out for 12.5 hours watching Iron Man Iron Man 2 Thor Capt America and The Avengers and I've got to say I LOVED THE AVENGERS MOVIE! If you haven't seen it or going to see it again and didn't know there are 2 tag scenes one that happens during the credits and it hints at a sequel and one at teh end of the credits that i quess was put in there just as a joke.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 4th 2012, 6:59 pm

Rickster wrote:Just got home from geeking out for 12.5 hours watching Iron Man Iron Man 2 Thor Capt America and The Avengers and I've got to say I LOVED THE AVENGERS MOVIE! If you haven't seen it or going to see it again and didn't know there are 2 tag scenes one that happens during the credits and it hints at a sequel and one at teh end of the credits that i quess was put in there just as a joke.

That sounds awesome!!

I loved both the end credits scenes, a great setup, and a hilarious clip!! :-)
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 4th 2012, 7:04 pm

DNArington wrote:Whoa! Whoa! Can I change my score to a 10? The Avengers was freaking AMAZING!!!!

Oh and as for relevance I'll guess 8
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster May 6th 2012, 10:40 pm

Do you guys want to do this again? I think the next big movie is Battleship on the 18th so f I don't someone could start a post for that movie a few days before it comes out
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 7th 2012, 12:00 am

I love this idea, we should totally do it agian!
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy May 7th 2012, 12:36 pm

I definitely like the idea. Twas fun! Smile My only concern is that we might inadvertently influence his opinion.

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub May 29th 2012, 9:49 pm

Excellent film. Seen it twice. Best line/scene: "Puny god." followed closely by Norse god and cheeseburgers.

And yes, I'm WAY behind on getting caught up on forum posts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 10:52 am