Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Adventure Quest Worlds: MMO

katyasha
    katyasha

Activity : 31
    Geek-Cred : 0

Adventure Quest Worlds: MMO Empty Adventure Quest Worlds: MMO

Post  katyasha May 16th 2012, 8:57 pm

Well I did find one I think you want to check out it is called AQWorlds is a massively multiplayer role-playing game that plays right inside your web browser. There is no software to download or install -- and this MMO is FREE! Battle monsters in real-time RPG combat alongside your friends. There are some good things about this site and some bad stuff so I will give the low down on this site for those who want to check it out and play there.

GOOD
    It's free

You can create your own charter(Warrior, Rouge, Mage, Ninja)

You can choose different armor, helmets, capes, ect

Events on there are cool, from Holiday's to someone in the staff getting married

You get to go to some great places around Lore battling monsters.

Story line is good and so are the quests.

BAD
    There is a subscription option and yes you have to pay if you want to or not.

Not enough charters for non-members to choose from unless they become a member.

Can't access or buy some armor, helmets, capes and pets unless your a member or bought special money to get them, also you can't combined some helmets or cape(example my charter is a fox and I wanted to equip the tail and a cape and I can't)

The events are cool but it lags and take a long time to load your charter for example the Friday the 13th events.

There are places in Lore that are off limits unless your a member.

Also members get to battle the bosses before anyone else and brag it to non-members which is annoying. Not to menchen they started this mid-release thing for members only which is unfair.

Their message board is not a great place at all why well so of the Mod's there are rude and threaten other people who post threads that is not related to the game at all but a rant to them.

And another thing I don't like is people sending you requests to join their group when you are in a middle of a battle with a monster.

Not enough space to store your gear unless you have to buy more space for it.

Getting kicked off in a middle of a battle.

In all this is a somewhat great place to meet friends or unwind a long day at the office and want to kill something to release the unwanted stress. So I give this site a:

Quality: 9.0/10
    Relevance: 7.5/10

PS: For some reason it wouldn't let me post the link of the site so if you want the link shoot me a PM or you can Goggle it!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Adventure Quest Worlds: MMO Empty Re: Adventure Quest Worlds: MMO

Post  Paeter May 16th 2012, 10:17 pm

katyasha wrote:

Thanks for the review, Katyasha! Is there a word missing here? I don't understand. If the game is free, what are you paying for with a subscription?

Also, if you'd like me to feature this review on the show and the written review archives (which I would love to do!) please e-mail me a link to something of yours you'd like to plug!

paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    katyasha
    katyasha

Activity : 31
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  katyasha May 16th 2012, 10:53 pm

Paeter wrote:
    katyasha wrote:

Thanks for the review, Katyasha! Is there a word missing here? I don't understand. If the game is free, what are you paying for with a subscription?

Also, if you'd like me to feature this review on the show and the written review archives (which I would love to do!) please e-mail me a link to something of yours you'd like to plug!

paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net

Thanks!
    To answer your question why they have this because they need a way to keep the site running and add new stuff later down the road. What they did is give the person a package deal if they sign up. Once they do their account gets upgraded so they can buy cooler armor, helmets, capes, ect. Also get access to Member only areas in the game, and other stuff as well.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 17th 2012, 12:42 pm

Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content