Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Free Old time radio Shows

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Free Old time radio Shows Empty Free Old time radio Shows

Post  Rickster June 9th 2012, 2:52 pm

I don't know if this can count for Summer of Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (I'm not sure if i's 100% leagal depends beacus I'm not sure how Public domain works) but there are podcast that have old time radio shows. If Paeter says it is ok I can write more about them if not it's not that hard to find.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Free Old time radio Shows Empty Re: Free Old time radio Shows

Post  Paeter June 12th 2012, 12:43 am

Rickster wrote:I don't know if this can count for Summer of Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (I'm not sure if i's 100% leagal depends beacus I'm not sure how Public domain works) but there are podcast that have old time radio shows. If Paeter says it is ok I can write more about them if not it's not that hard to find.

If the site specifically says the audio shows are in the public domain, they probably are if they're Old Time Radio. There are some great classics for sci-fi and superhero fans! Feel free to write something up, record something for the show, or just send the links my way. Chances are they're legal and a great fit for The Summer Of Free!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 12th 2012, 3:04 am

I just checked one of the Podcast websites and I saw this Disclaimer

All of the vintage audio used in these podcasts is believed to be in the public domain. RelicRadio.com does not own the rights to any of the old time radio used here. If you are the rights holder to any of the shows used here. please notify me immediately via the contact page.

I think that is about as legal as they can get. it might not be 100% leagal but it's 99.9% legal and if there is any copyright issues I'm guessing they want to work them out without problems
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 12th 2012, 9:31 pm

Seems as though they are doing everything they can to abide by the law. So I'd consider an Old Time Radio site with that kind of disclaimer to be "Summer Of Free" friendly.

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill June 20th 2012, 9:37 pm

Another place to get them for free (if you have a smart phone that is) would be the Old Time Radio show app. Another good resource would be The National Archives, everything there is free to download as well.

http://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
    cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  cleireac July 18th 2012, 10:39 am

tmorrill wrote: Another good resource would be The National Archives, everything there is free to download as well.

http://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio

Let me second the vote for the Internet Archives here. This is where most of the OTR shows in my collection come from.

ANNNND, they also have a page there at archive.org for public domain movies as well. For example, the original Night of the Living Dead is available for download, along with a number of other classics... Take a look here: http://archive.org/details/feature_films

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 11:17 pm