Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"! Empty Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"!

Post  Paeter March 1st 2013, 8:25 pm

In my free time I've already begun trying out a number of free video games to evaluate them for possible inclusion in this year's "Summer Of Free". Unfortunately, some of the games I've wanted to try out I've run into technical problems while trying to get them up and running (unrelated to system requirements).

I thought I'd put a list of those games here in case anyone wants to try them out and, if they think any are worthy, write or record a review for me to use this summer.

Of course, you can also write/record a review for any other free game that isn't on this list. I'd love to use that, too!

Some things to keep in mind would be:

1. How FREE is the game...really? (A number of free games are still likely to get you spending money in order to truly enjoy the full experience.)

2. How accessible is the game to gamers with average PC specs? What are the specs for the PC you're playing the game on?

3. How much appeal will the experience have for gamers who only want to play solo?

Here's the short list of games I'd love to try but can't-

Lord Of The Rings Online
    Rusty Hearts
    Atlantica Online

I may end up adding more as I try more games.

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"! Empty Re: Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"!

Post  WhiteBoy March 2nd 2013, 2:53 am

I'll add to the list, too:

Planetside 2
    Gotham City Impostors

Admin

Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"! Empty Re: Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"!

Post  Paeter June 25th 2013, 12:26 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:I'll add to the list, too:

Planetside 2
    Gotham City Impostors
    Are these games you've played, or that you would like to hear reviews of?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 25th 2013, 7:05 pm

I think Marvel has a new free online game
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 25th 2013, 7:09 pm

Rickster wrote:I think Marvel has a new free online game
    Yep! Marvel Heroes! From what I understand, unlike the DC Universe Online game, you primarily play as Marvel characters. How that works in an MMO I have no idea. (Like 90% of the population must be Wolverine!)

If anyone wants to do a "first five review" of this one (your first five impression of the first five hours) or any other review format, I'd LOVE to feature it on the podcast!

The game is at- https://marvelheroes.com/

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 25th 2013, 7:45 pm

I've been interested in checking out Marvel Heroes but I can't seem to get into playing online games. I'll play for maybe a day or so but then put it down and never play it again . So i don't think I'd be able to do a proper review.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy June 26th 2013, 6:16 pm

Paeter wrote:
    WhiteBoy wrote:I'll add to the list, too:

Planetside 2
    Gotham City Impostors
    Are these games you've played, or that you would like to hear reviews of?

I haven't played them, just suggestions for free games.

Activity : 1
    Geek-Cred : 0

Try Out A Free Game To Help With "The Summer Of Free 2013"! Empty Free Games

Post  thetasigmat September 16th 2013, 12:54 pm

Hello,

I've played Marvel Heroes when it was in beta and it's not much to write home about. The gameplay is awesome. You have a wide variety of weapons and attacks to level up and you can do research to further upgrade the items you have available but after so much endless fighting, it seems to get very boring. Same goes for DC Universe and even Champions Online with the exception of the huge amounts of customization you can put into your character to make it exclusively yours. There is a new game coming out called WIldstar and from what I hear its more of the same old same old. Video games are fun, but unless you just love to cause destruction, they kind of lose their appeal without a story.

Just my two cents.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 17th 2013, 4:57 pm

thetasigmat wrote: after so much endless fighting, it seems to get very boring. Same goes for DC Universe and even Champions Online
    Yeah, I really enjoyed DC Universe for awhile. For me I was eventually turned off when I realized that in order to progress I would need to team up with other players. Unless it's couch co-op I'm almost exclusively a solo gamer.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 7:35 am