Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+4
tmorrill
Drew.Rub
Paeter
Rickster
8 posters

ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D Empty ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D

Post  Rickster August 29th 2012, 10:03 pm

saw this article and i really hope this show is good so it can get picked up

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=195fd381-017e-43a9-bc79-2a6dae7e45b1
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D Empty Re: ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D

Post  Paeter August 29th 2012, 10:09 pm

Rickster wrote:saw this article and i really hope this show is good so it can get picked up

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=195fd381-017e-43a9-bc79-2a6dae7e45b1

Wow! I wonder if Marvel and Disney are aiming to cross over, not just characters, but mediums! Anyone think they're aiming for a cohesive continuity that spans both film and weekly TV? I guess we'll know if we find out Sam Jackson will appear on the show.(My guess would be a recurring guest role, rather than weekly, if that.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D Empty Re: ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D

Post  Rickster August 29th 2012, 10:20 pm

I'm curious if there is a loophole that would alow to have Disney/Marvel use characters from the Fantastic 4 and Spiderman in a TV show or if Fox and Sony's rights include those too
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub August 30th 2012, 6:54 am

i should have known one of m y fellow geeks woul dhave already posted ont his topic. Just saw it. Has potential. Good or bad potential is another matter.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill August 30th 2012, 12:00 pm

I'm excited, but wary. More and more I've become incredibly jaded to whenever American TV tries to do something that might interest me. It seems to end up getting cancelled.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 30th 2012, 11:24 pm

tmorrill wrote:I'm excited, but wary. More and more I've become incredibly jaded to whenever American TV tries to do something that might interest me. It seems to end up getting cancelled.

lol!

I've gotten used to feeling like this, too! Usually happens with movies I want to succeed. But looking on the bright side, a movie I love that tanks in the box office will come to home video that much sooner!

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub August 31st 2012, 2:05 pm

Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:I'm excited, but wary. More and more I've become incredibly jaded to whenever American TV tries to do something that might interest me. It seems to end up getting cancelled.

lol!

I've gotten used to feeling like this, too! Usually happens with movies I want to succeed. But looking on the bright side, a movie I love that tanks in the box office will come to home video that much sooner!

Paeter, you have such a unique optimism. It's refreshing.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 31st 2012, 7:38 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:

Paeter, you have such a unique optimism. It's refreshing.

Don't be fooled. Holly calls me "Paranoid Boy" because I usually seem to anticipate the worst will happen in any given situation. Wink

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington September 1st 2012, 3:42 pm

I really like the idea of having a TV show that coexists with the MMU. My guess is Sam Jackson and other characters in the movies won't show up much, maybe just cameos now and again. (Maybe agent Hill will be on it consistently, which would be very cool.) I really hope it's good!
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan September 10th 2012, 4:00 pm

I would guess that none of the major characters from the movies will show up in the show -- just because of the finances of movie star salaries and TV budgets, etc ... I am sure they will be mentioned, and we may have references, but I'd be surprised of any of the movie stars become regulars on the show.

I imagine this is more of a spy-type show, more SHIELD-centric than Avengers-centric.

Definitely looking forward to it.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster September 10th 2012, 4:52 pm

OK this is a spoiler alert for those who haven't seen The Avengers

Maybe the show will take place in a pre Iron Man MMU that way they could have Agent Coleson in it. I really enjoyed the character and was sad when I learned he was going to die in The Avengers.

(Maybe agent Hill will be on it consistently, which would be very cool.)
    I think her being a regular would be possible depending on how many more seasons How I Met Your Mother will have (I hear this is suppose to be it's last but CBS wants 1 more after that) so she might be a recuring guest star until Mother is done and then get upgraded to Regular
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 10th 2012, 6:26 pm

Rickster wrote:

Maybe the show will take place in a pre Iron Man MMU that way they could have Agent Coleson in it. I really enjoyed the character and was sad when I learned he was going to die in The Avengers.

It is a bummer that he (most likely) won't be in the show. I'm sure he would have been in it if he hadn't died and he would have been a great addition.
    Honestly I didn't much like his character till I saw The Avengers and realized how cool he was...then he died.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster September 10th 2012, 7:21 pm

DNArington wrote:
    Rickster wrote:

It is a bummer that he (most likely) won't be in the show. I'm sure he would have been in it if he hadn't died and he would have been a great addition.
    Honestly I didn't much like his character till I saw The Avengers and realized how cool he was...then he died.

Yeah I almost agree with you
    I thought he was pretty cool in this

I hear peoples theory on how they can bring him back (the biggest one is him becoming Vision) but I don't think if they do find a way it will be until Avengers 2

I also like how the actor is also the voice of Principle Coleson in the new Spiderman cartoon
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 10th 2012, 11:09 pm

Rickster wrote:

Yeah I almost agree with you
    I thought he was pretty cool in this

I hear peoples theory on how they can bring him back (the biggest one is him becoming Vision) but I don't think if they do find a way it will be until Avengers 2

I also like how the actor is also the voice of Principle Coleson in the new Spiderman cartoon

Agreed he is cool in that, but I didn't see that till shortly before/after I watched The Avengers.
    Unfortunately I haven't seen any of the new Spiderman show, even though he is my favorite superhero.

Personally I don't think they are going to bring him back, and I wouldn't want them to. For one thing, it just seems like a marketing scheme to get back a fan favorite. But my main problem with that is it would somewhat take away from the legitimacy of the series as a whole, giving you the feeling that no one can really die, and therefore the main characters aren't in any actual danger. (Not that they would kill off any of their main characters anyway, but that is besides the point.) And other than that I don't want a sentient robot fighting alongside the Avengers. (Though I would like to see Ultron in a future Marvel movie, perferabally the Ant-Man movie, though technically I don't think it ever got to be sentient.)
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster January 14th 2013, 2:01 am

Update I just read that ABC picked up the pilot so we'll be seeing the show on TV
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322

Post  BenAvery January 14th 2013, 2:59 pm

I have heard that Coulson is in the show.

They hinted at it during a convention announcement about the series.

Prequel or resurrection or flashback, i don't know. One way or another though, the actor will be a part of the show (as of a couple months ago, anyway).
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster January 15th 2013, 4:04 am

BenAvery wrote:I have heard that Coulson is in the show.

They hinted at it during a convention announcement about the series.

Prequel or resurrection or flashback, i don't know. One way or another though, the actor will be a part of the show (as of a couple months ago, anyway).

Yeah I saw he was going to be on the show. My guess will be prequel. Because I think that if do bring him back it'll be a big deal and they wouldn't ruin the surprise on a TV show my guess if they're planning on having him back it'll be Avengers 2
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster April 25th 2013, 2:00 am

I just read that the series (now called Agents of Shield) will take place after the Avengers so I don't know how Coulson will be in the show
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 3rd 2013, 6:47 pm

To me this isn't so tough to imagine. Fury walked away from the still body, but medics could have easily revived him without resorting to comic-bookiness to get him back to life. Moments later fury said Coulson was dead, but that could have been him already deciding to use Coulson's "death" as leverage and then just piling it on with the bloody cards later. (Fury can be pretty heartless that way sometimes.)

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 6th 2013, 10:20 pm

While I agree that Fury could have lied about Colson and that would totally be in character, I just don't like it. I really liked that the person that reached out and brought all the heroes together died and in his death drove them to finally put aside their differences and work together towards a common goal. Bringing him back kind of cheapens that.
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub May 8th 2013, 11:12 am

DNArington wrote:Bringing him back kind of cheapens that.
    As Ben pointed out, the best alternate way around that would be to use him in flashback sequences. Guess it depends on if he's an above title credit or a guest star credit.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster May 10th 2013, 8:43 pm

UPDATE
    ABC has picked it up and you can see the trailer for the show on the Season finally of Once Upon a Time this Sunday
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub May 10th 2013, 10:50 pm

Rickster wrote:UPDATE
    ABC has picked it up and you can see the trailer for the show on the Season finally of Once Upon a Time this Sunday
    Stang. I may end up having to watch UOaT on Hulu, meaning I don't know if I'll get to see the trailer. I'll have to hunt for it afterwards.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster May 10th 2013, 11:33 pm

I'm sure it will be on Youtube before it airs Where i live (California)
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 12th 2013, 12:19 am

Does anyone know if the show will be free on Hulu as it comes out? This is a show I would like to follow, but I won't be able to watch it as it airs (because that's just not how my life works.) The way Hulu puts up their shows boggles me. Last time I checked the first episode of Arrow you have to pay for and then there is random episodes from the middle of the season you can watch for free. scratch I wouldn't mind paying for the first episode, but I don't know if I can rely on Hulu not to do something crazy.

Drew.Rub wrote:As Ben pointed out, the best alternate way around that would be to use him in flashback sequences. Guess it depends on if he's an above title credit or a guest star credit.

That's true. I'm just afraid he will be retconed back for the show, and this image they released doesn't help my suspicions:
    ABC ordered a new pilot called S.H.E.I.L.D Agents-of-SHIELD-Cast-Photo

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 5:56 pm