Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Best of 2012

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Best of 2012 Empty Best of 2012

Post  DNArington January 9th 2013, 1:35 am

What is some of your favorite movies of 2012? I am currently counting down my top eight on the Helix Reviews Facebook page (facebook.com/helixreviews).

In case you are wondering what happened to the Helix Reviews Podcast, the computer I was using broke and I thought it was going to be a fairly easy fix, but the cost to fix it turned out to be almost as much as buying a new computer altogether. Still unsure what I am going to end up doing, but the plan is still to come back and start podcasting again in the semi-near future. Sad

Anyway, so far I got The Hunger Games as #8 and more will come in the following days. I only am doing eight because I have not yet seen several movies that very possibly would have made it into my top ten (Dredd, The Grey, MiB3, The Raid: Redemption, Expendables 2, Looper and more.) What is yours?
    DNArington
    DNArington

Best of 2012 Empty Re: Best of 2012

Post  DNArington January 17th 2013, 12:31 am

My #7 movie of 2012 is Saints And Soldiers: Airborne Creed, the "sequel" (in theme only) to the 2003 film Saints and Soldiers, which happens to be one of my favorite war movies ever. While Airbourne Creed didn't live up to the original I thought there was still a lot to like about this movie.

My #6 movie of 2012 is Red Dawn, the remake of the 1984 classic Red Dawn. This movie took everything I loved about the original and took it to the next level. It exceeded all my expectations and it is one of my favorite war movies of all time!

My #5 movie of 2012 is Chronicle, a unique look at a group of three young adults who gain superpowers. It is not you average superhero movie, instead it is an interesting look at three peoples perspectives on life and how that effects what they do with their new found superpowers. Crazy action, great unconventional story, and an interesting look at how your worldview shapes the trajectory of your life!

My #4 movie of 2012 is John Carter based off the book A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. This is an extremely fun movie with lots of fun action and a good story. While it doesn't follow the book to a tee, it, in my opinion, improves upon it by making the protagonist realistic, interesting, and relatable. This is also the most underrated movie of 2012 in my opinion.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington January 20th 2013, 12:54 am

My #3 movie of 2012 is The Amazing Spider-Man! I have a few problems with this movie like Peter Parker is more cocky than I thought he should be and a certain decision Peter make at the end of the movie, but what this movie does well, it does really well. Andrew Garfield's mannerisms as Peter is spot on, Emma Stone is great a Gwen and The Lizard could not have been done much better in my opinion!

My #2 movie of 2012 is The Dark Knight Rises the final movie in my favorite trilogy of all time! I had a couple issues with the ending and a few this sprinkled throughout, but this is a terrific conclusion to an epic trilogy. Christian Bale is an amazing actor and by far the best Batman, Anne Hathaway did great as Catwoman and Tom Hardy was amazing as Bane!

My #1 movie of 2012 is Marvel's The Avengers! There is almost nothing bad I can say about this film! The action is great, the characters are well balanced and bounce off of each other extremely well! Director Joss Whedon was the perfect choice to direct The Avengers Movie and oversee phase two of the Marvel Movie Universe! I LOVE this movie!!

DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington January 20th 2013, 12:57 am

I plan on counting down my most anticipated movie of 2013 on FB as well (and I will post them here), so if anyone is really looking forward to a certain movie feel free to discuss here! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 5:37 pm