Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast)

BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast) Empty SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast)

Post  BenAvery January 22nd 2013, 1:39 am

We've just posted the second in our discussions about the Seven Deadly Sins -- this time we're tackling sloth.

Or as we nickname it in the podcast, the "gateway sin":

http://strangersandaliens.com/2013/01/ep-43-sloth-part-two-of-the-seven-deadly-sins-series/

It's a good follow up to our Gluttony episode, although I have to say that after doing this topic, I sort of wish we had done this one first, since it does seem to lead into many other sins.

We'll be talking about "sloth" again, I'm sure, in some of the forth-coming installments of the series.

Also, I'm getting worried . . . these two topics have caused me to feel convicted . . . and there's still five more to go!

We'd love to know what you think -- whether we missed something you'd have mentioned, or missed the mark in something we did mention!

~ Ben
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast) Empty Re: SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast)

Post  tmorrill January 22nd 2013, 2:30 am

BenAvery wrote:We've just posted the second in our discussions about the Seven Deadly Sins -- this time we're tackling sloth.

Or as we nickname it in the podcast, the "gateway sin":

http://strangersandaliens.com/2013/01/ep-43-sloth-part-two-of-the-seven-deadly-sins-series/

It's a good follow up to our Gluttony episode, although I have to say that after doing this topic, I sort of wish we had done this one first, since it does seem to lead into many other sins.

We'll be talking about "sloth" again, I'm sure, in some of the forth-coming installments of the series.

Also, I'm getting worried . . . these two topics have caused me to feel convicted . . . and there's still five more to go!

We'd love to know what you think -- whether we missed something you'd have mentioned, or missed the mark in something we did mention!

~ Ben

I enjoyed listening to that one, I especially liked the part where you related it to different sci-fi characters, I probably would have mentioned Rigel from Farscape.

Also, I agree with you about feeling convicted, so I'll probably be skipping the one on lust. :p
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast) Empty Re: SLOTH!!! (second in our series about the Seven Deadly Sins from the Strangers and Aliens podcast)

Post  Drew.Rub January 22nd 2013, 5:43 pm

I started listening to it in the car. I will get back to listening to it....eventually.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike January 22nd 2013, 7:04 pm

I was going to listen to the "sloth" episode, but it was just too much work.....
    ::roll on snare::

BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  BenAvery February 15th 2013, 11:17 am

Sorry I didn't reply to you guys sooner, but . . . I just figured I'd get around to it . . . sometime . . .
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy February 16th 2013, 5:32 pm

I need to go back and listen to it. I think I must have missed this one somehow.

The one that's really going to convict will be pride. I really think more than half (probably *much* more than half) of sins have their root in pride. It is so prevalent in our culture and permeates everything we see and do. I know it's just our culture, but America is so much of a "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" kind of attitude that I think we are more prideful than most. Regardless I find myself wrestling with it constantly. I think it's the true "gateway sin"; at least for Americans.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 4:33 am