Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What film franchise do you think I should watch next?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What film franchise do you think I should watch next? Empty What film franchise do you think I should watch next?

Post  Rickster June 21st 2013, 10:58 pm

So this year one of my goals was to watch all of the Bond films and I've with the exception of Skyfall (which I'll watch next week) I've finished and now I want some ideas on what film series I should watch next?
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

What film franchise do you think I should watch next? Empty Re: What film franchise do you think I should watch next?

Post  ComiKate June 23rd 2013, 6:46 pm

How about all of the Star Trek movies? 
    That is also a major franchise. Plus, that multiple DVD run would end with the climactic Star Trek Into Darkness that is now in theatres everywhere - which is extra cool.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What film franchise do you think I should watch next? Empty Re: What film franchise do you think I should watch next?

Post  Rickster June 29th 2013, 6:24 pm

Star Trek is one that I've considered watching. Do you need to know the TV series to enjoy the movies?
    Some others I'm looking into.
    the Original Superman series
    the Aliens and Predator movies
    Robocop movies (not sure if it's considered a franchise or not)
    The suggestions don't have to be geeky movies the James Bond i guess can have a geek appeal but IDK if they count as SciFi or not
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate July 3rd 2013, 8:53 am

I don't think you have to know the TV series of Star Trek. Especially if you start with the very first movie and then move on to watch them all.

Although I don't know how a non-StarTrek fan would cope with the different ST captains, whether it would be more difficult to follow the story. But I suspect it will all be easy to follow, since there's also a commercial goal to these movies clown 

As for Aliens/Predators: very cool franchises. Don't forget to watch the crossover movies too!

Original Superman series: Long time ago, I don't remember much about those except at the time I liked them. Don't know whether I would like them now though, I think they might be too old for my taste now.

Robocop: they're ok. First one was the best.

Let's not forget:
    Star Wars
    Lord of the Rings
    X-Men movies (I think by now it's five already, with nr. 6 on the way)
    Spiderman trilogy
    Several Batman movies and trilogies
    and of course the entire Avengers franchise!

- but you've probably already seen those.

Non geek tip: the Fast & Furious franchise! Watch all five movies and then check out #6, in theatres now (at least here, in the Netherlands)! I really dig this entire franchise! With Vin Diesel btw.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels July 3rd 2013, 12:17 pm

Rickster wrote:... now I want some ideas on what film series I should watch next?

When I was working nights I went through and watched all of every Stargate series / movie. Watched 1 or 2 episodes a night, it was the best time I had on night shift! I'd moved into that cause I already had finished all the MacGyvers there were. The first was just to relive the past, but I really got hooked on Stargate. It was in my opinion very good!! Though Paeter may say it wasn't gritty and dirty and dark enough. I just watched for a good show in cool unbelievable places with sweet tech. And Mac was in it, so how do you beat that??? Well that and 12 hour nights at a PC were a total drag! But still it was good and I'd recommend!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 15th 2013, 7:35 pm

[quote="CreatorsPixels"]
    Rickster wrote: I really got hooked on Stargate. It was  in my opinion very good!!  Though Paeter may say it wasn't gritty and dirty and dark enough.  

Actually I think Stargate is a pretty good show for many folks. It's not my cup of tea mainly because I only watch shows now that demand investment, are character driven and MUST be watched in broadcast order to know what's going on.

My only real complaint with the SG shows is the lack of subtitles and everyone speaking English across the universe. (For some reason, I just couldn't tolerate it after the wonderfully alien feeling it gave to the natives in the movie.) But the acting strikes me as solid and the production values are good as well. So I totally get why it lasted so long on TV.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 4:35 pm