Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Man of Steel

45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Man of Steel Empty Man of Steel

Post  45shiro45 June 23rd 2013, 9:44 pm

Has everybody seen this yet? What are your thoughts?

I've only seen it twice, and I've been ruminating on it for a week, but I think it may very well be my second favorite movie of all time. I know how odd that sounds given how conditioned we are to hate CGI effects and Zack Snyder, but dang if that isn't a near-perfect movie...

I don't really read any Supes comics because I've always heard that they're rarely that good, but growing up I was pretty religious about Christopher Reeve. I was eight when the original came out, so it was very formative for me. At any rate, I'm sold on Henry Cavill. He IS Superman. I just hope the fact they're fast-tracking the sequel won't negatively impact the quality...
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Man of Steel Empty Re: Man of Steel

Post  Rickster June 24th 2013, 2:27 am

I thought it was alright slow at the beginning and needed some more original ideas for fighting then just crashing through buildings and destroying them? And it wasn't as funny as Iron Man 3 (yes I know MOS was suppose to be funny)

As we were leaving my dad said he actually thought Green Lantern was more enjoyable.

On a side note:
    I know there is a lot of talk about Jesus and Superman (which annoys me) but I did notice a trinity thing. There is the father his son and his spirit. Whether that was planed or not I did notice it.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 24th 2013, 2:03 pm

If you haven't heard or read my review, you can find it here if you're interested.

http://christiangeekcentral.blogspot.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-movie-review.html

10/10

It's definitely been polarizing though.

www.spiritblade.com
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  BenAvery June 25th 2013, 10:04 am

It is a movie that causes a lot of thought, for sure. Snyder is good at trying to bring up ideas and themes, he just has a hard time actually exploring them. Man of Steel is a movie that tries, through dialogue, to say something meaningful. The problem is the movie itself usually doesn't support what he is trying to say.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie. A lot. It forces questions and causes discussion.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 26th 2013, 2:20 pm

BenAvery wrote:Snyder is good at trying to bring up ideas and themes, he just has a hard time actually exploring them.

I would agree with that. Unless you're looking for themes to explore or the pathos of his stylistic delivery hits you just the way he wants it to, you probably won't engage with those ideas much.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 12:24 am