Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Flash an Arrow spinoff

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Flash an Arrow spinoff Empty Flash an Arrow spinoff

Post  Rickster August 2nd 2013, 12:59 am

One of my facebook friends posted this article. I don't know how legitimate the sources but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/arrow/arrow-spinoff-who-should-play-the-flash-97337.aspx

If it's true I'm glad the show is going away from the whole no one with super powers idea
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Flash an Arrow spinoff Empty Re: Flash an Arrow spinoff

Post  Drew.Rub August 3rd 2013, 8:24 am

Well, stang. One of the suggested castin potentials for Barry is Niall Matter. Best known for his role in Eureka, Niall recently starred as Alex Cross on the American spin off Primeval: New World. However, it appears that series, a good and fun series, I might add, has been cancelled.

Thanks, SciFi for cancelling an actual science fiction show yet again.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 5th 2013, 5:16 pm

This is... confusing news. A Flash movie was announced at Comic Con, and you'd think they would want to feature an origin story in that movie. But if they do a TV series they'll obviously have to cover that. So this would potentially involve either two different flashes being presented to the public in virtually the same medium, or the Flash movie and TV series will share continuity and cast, meaning the origin story will have to be retold in the movie with completely new footage, or recycled TV budget footage.

Strange, strange management of the property if this is true...

I would love for Arrow to change its stance on being a separate continuity from the DC movies. But this would be a weird way to do that.

Edit:

Okay, I just read 45shiro45's post stating that the news about a Flash movie was bogus- https://spiritblade.forumotion.com/t1192-flash-movie-misunderstandings#6996

If this is the case, then I'm possibly even MORE bummed about the Flash/Arrow situation. The Flash deserves to be in the public eye with huge SFX treatment. Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to see a new Flash TV show and think it could be awesome! But good grief, if they do this they HAVE to join the TV and Movie DC universes or...or... I don't know. I'm powerless. But I still think that's what they should do...

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub August 22nd 2013, 4:00 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:Well, stang.  One of the suggested castin potentials for Barry is Niall Matter.  Best known for his role in Eureka, Niall recently starred as Alex Cross on the American spin off Primeval: New World.  However, it appears that series, a good and fun series, I might add, has been cancelled.

Thanks, SciFi for cancelling an actual science fiction show yet again.
    Okay, so I found out that Primeval:New World was cancelled in Canada (where it was produced). I'm wondering if Sci Fi will try to pick it up as an original series. Just finished watching the Season 1 on Hulu, and I'm going to be very bummed if it doesn't come back for a season 2 in some manner.
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf August 27th 2013, 6:32 pm

Paeter wrote:I would love for Arrow to change its stance on being a separate continuity from the DC movies. But this would be a weird way to do that.
    DC's not handling a lot of their stuff very well, are they?
    Is Bruce Timm still with DC? I wonder if they'd do better if they either let him and his people start running the live action stuff or shift to a mostly-animated format (with him, of course) even for their theatrical releases.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 29th 2013, 12:47 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:
    DC's not handling a lot of their stuff very well, are they?
    Is Bruce Timm still with DC? I wonder if they'd do better if they either let him and his people start running the live action stuff or shift to a mostly-animated format (with him, of course) even for their theatrical releases.
    My theory is that it's largely the suits screwing things up. DC has been owned by WB for a long time, and so decisions on using properties probably come more from the top (money) to the bottom (creative guys/DC). This would be why the DC movies over the years have been hit or miss.

Marvel had the same problem, and far worse, for much longer, when they couldn't do more than license their stuff to other studios, resulting in the 90's Captain America, the abandoned Fantastic Four movie, Dolph Lundgren's Punisher, etc. But once they got the money to start making movies themselves decisions were made more from the bottom (creative guys/Marvel) up (money/also Marvel). They couldn't keep this up forever and eventually saw the wisdom in being absorbed by the financial powers of Disney, but by this time they'd had the opportunity to show execs that the creative guys know how to make movies that will make money.

Granted, I know very little about the business side of movies, but this is what the situation has "smelled like" to me for years.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 10:27 pm