Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Paeter
45shiro45
6 posters

Flash movie misunderstandings...

45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Flash movie misunderstandings... Empty Flash movie misunderstandings...

Post  45shiro45 August 2nd 2013, 6:09 pm

Hey all!

This is more to clear some misunderstandings I've been hearing in the Christian geek community (Strangers & Aliens and The Sci-Fi Christian specifically). There has been no announcement about a Flash motion picture. There was a false report about a Flash and a JL movie BEFORE the Warner Bros. panel at comic-con. The panel itself made no mention of a Flash movie. It was a false report...

My policy is if you don't hear it directly from the studio in an official capacity, it's best to take any "news" you hear with a grain of salt and no small amount of skepticism...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Flash movie misunderstandings... Empty Re: Flash movie misunderstandings...

Post  Paeter August 5th 2013, 5:34 pm

Bummer. If this is the case than all we're getting before a Justice league movie is Superman and Batman in theaters.

(Okay, I'm putting on my opinionated nerd hat now. Beware of ill-informed, poorly thought-out ideas)

Warner execs are morons. Morons.

If they hope to do this right, then they need to launch a successful Flash TV series (see our other conversation here- https://spiritblade.forumotion.com/t1191-flash-an-arrow-spinoff#6994) which shares continuity with the DC Movie universe (as Arrow also should in my opinion) at the very least, and cast Ryan Reynolds again as GL(instead of inserting John Stewart or another GL), so we can have SOME sense of history for most of these characters before the Justice League movie.

Then we will at least only have to introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman for the movie. (And though I'm not watching it as it airs, what I've seen of Arrow makes me think he'd be worth a supporting role in the movie, too.) It will still feel a bit rushed, but it could work.

Of course, this assumes a Flash TV show is successful and they use Reynolds again as Hal, moving the GL franchise forward while learning from the past instead of doing a knee-jerk reboot. (After all, "The Incredible Hulk" wasn't much better than the GL flick and they retained that continuity for Avengers.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster August 5th 2013, 5:57 pm

I had read that WB was going to do an Justice League movie and then have each character have their sand alone movie. I think that is a mistake but I also don't think WB can do a JL movie any other way with out looking like they are copying the Avengers.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington August 5th 2013, 9:20 pm

Rickster wrote:I had read that WB was going to do an Justice League movie and then have each character have their sand alone movie. I think that is a mistake but I also don't think WB can do a JL movie any other way with out looking like they are copying the Avengers.

How about this: Have the Superman/Batman movie. Then a Wonder Woman movie (because I think at the very LEAST you need those three introduced) and then you have a massive three part Justice League movie with a solo movie in between each part, adding to the main JL cast. Then you could have a trilogy of trilogys. Just a thought, probably not a smart move. It would be cool though.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington August 5th 2013, 9:24 pm

Paeter wrote:Then we will at least only have to introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman for the movie.

One cool idea I've heard is have Atlantis attack the surface in the first JL movie (along the lines of the Aquaman story in the comics not long ago), therefore introducing Aquaman and spinning him into his own solo movie afterward.

I'm honestly not a big enough WW fan to have any good suggestions about her.confused 
    45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  45shiro45 August 5th 2013, 11:14 pm

Hmm...

I don't really have a dog in this fight, since I'm not really a big DC guy other than loving almost all of the film incarnations of Superman and Batman. I do listen to a movie podcast that features industry insiders that rub elbows with actors and execs all the time. The official word from WB as far as I know is that they're keeping the TV universe and the film universe completely separate. The official line is that there will be the Supes/Batman movie followed by the JL movie. Where they go from there with the DCU will largely depend on the success of the next two movies. The impressions a lot of insiders are getting is that the TVU is a completely different animal and will be handled differently altogether... Look for the Flash to appear on TV, NOT in the films... :-/
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322

Post  BenAvery August 6th 2013, 12:03 am

Watch for Flash on TV indeed. And sooner than you'd think.

I heard it somewhere.
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322

Post  BenAvery August 6th 2013, 12:06 am

Actually, I like what they are doing, and would love it if they were just going to continue building a singular storyline. Superman --> World's Finest or Superman vs. Batman or whatever --> Justice League. Let it all grow organically as a series.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman August 6th 2013, 10:35 pm

BenAvery wrote:Actually, I like what they are doing, and would love it if they were just going to continue building a singular storyline. Superman --> World's Finest or Superman vs. Batman or whatever --> Justice League. Let it all grow organically as a series.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 6:32 am