Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
WhiteBoy
Rickster
6 posters

Actors in comic book movies

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Actors in comic book movies Empty Actors in comic book movies

Post  Rickster July 27th 2010, 10:14 pm

What Actor/Actress would like to see play your favorite comic book character in a movie? Or if your favorite character has been in (or going to be) in a movie what do you think of them as that role?
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Actors in comic book movies Empty Re: Actors in comic book movies

Post  WhiteBoy July 28th 2010, 9:45 am

My favorite is Spider-man, and I think Toby McGuire has done a really good job with it. I think he absolutely nails the Peter Parker side and pulls off the Spidey side very well.

Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 28th 2010, 2:36 pm

I loved the idea of Ryan Reynolds being cast as Wally West (The Flash), but that didn't pan out. I'm hopeful for him as Hal Jordan (Green Lantern), but he'll have to put aside most of his trademark sarcasm to do it well.

Christopher Reeve is the definitive Superman for me. And Mark Hamill is the ultimate Joker for my tastes. At least his voice is.

For the most part, though, I'm not into casting stars in these roles. I'm of the school of thought that these roles should MAKE stars.

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy July 28th 2010, 4:54 pm

For the most part, though, I'm not into casting stars in these roles. I'm of the school of thought that these roles should MAKE stars.
    QFT!

Activity : 40
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  vagabond July 28th 2010, 8:43 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:My favorite is Spider-man, and I think Toby McGuire has done a really good job with it. I think he absolutely nails the Peter Parker side and pulls off the Spidey side very well.

I completely agree. I'm kind of sad that they're going reboot it with a new actor in a high school setting. The last movie wasn't perfect, but this hasn't made me at all hopeful about the next one.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim July 28th 2010, 9:30 pm

I'm actually really excited about the Spider-man reboot. I am definitely looking forward to setting him in a high school setting. He's one of the most famous heroes in the world and he started out as a kid. I liked the first trilogy...each of them had their good points and bad points, though i liked 2 the best. The one thing I disliked was how fast they moved. The first one spent only the first third of the movie in high school. That is one thing hollywood needs to work on. Slowing things down; taking time to explore characters. It makes for a better, deeper, and all around longer lasting franchise. Everyone wants these characters to develop so quick. They give the characters no room to stretch.

More to speaking about actors, the guy who is playing the new Spider-man [Andrew Garfield] was really great in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnasus. He seemed to have a mature quality about him AND be able to act like a kid occasionally, and still it be the same character. And that's what Peter Parker is supposed to be. He's a kid that was forced to grow up quick. He's mature and responsible for the most part. And then he gets these powers and his kid like nature takes over and he acts like any other kid would. And when his immaturity causes the death of his uncle, he's once again forced to grow up quick and take responsibility. Even though it was a great story and my favorite of the trilogy, having him give up being spider-man in only the second movie. Once again...i think it moves too quick. It would be cool to see him start out as a freshman in high school. Maybe even go the Harry Potter route and do 1 movie for each year of school. 4 for high school; 4 or even 6 for college. I'd really like a James Bond-like franchise out of a superhero movie. Give the character time to grow and not be confined to a Trilogy.

Anywho, this is already a book...next!

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford July 29th 2010, 9:40 am

I wish they would do these older spider-man movies but also keep the tobey mcguire franchise going.
    I was sooo disappointed how quick venom was here and then gone. He's my favorite villain and it should've been just him in the entire movie. I don't like it when they have two villains (Unless the two villains are truly partners or something)

I"m just soo sad because I was thinking the next villain would be the lizard.

In any case I heard that Robin Williams was going to be the riddler in the new batman movie. Sounds interesting...

One person I would like to see as a batman villain would be Johnny Depp... playing the mad hatter. (I'm serious.)

Actors in comic book movies UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 29th 2010, 11:36 am

WhiteBoy wrote:
    QFT!

Hmm. That one is knew to me.

Quick, find tape?

Question for thought?

Q foils Trekkies?

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy July 29th 2010, 12:59 pm

Quoted For Truth: "generally used as a sign of support and/or agreement on discussion boards on the World Wide Web." or "Amen" in Christianese. Smile

Tho I kinda like, "Quick! Find Tape!"

Don't wanna derail the topic, but that reminds me of using WTC for "What The Crap" (common phrase for me) and finally a friend asked, "What does that mean?" One of his guesses was "What The Chicken." Those of us using it thought that was hilarious! bounce

Activity : 40
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  vagabond July 30th 2010, 8:45 pm

Tim wrote:I'm actually really excited about the Spider-man reboot. I am definitely looking forward to setting him in a high school setting. He's one of the most famous heroes in the world and he started out as a kid. I liked the first trilogy...each of them had their good points and bad points, though i liked 2 the best. The one thing I disliked was how fast they moved. The first one spent only the first third of the movie in high school. That is one thing hollywood needs to work on. Slowing things down; taking time to explore characters. It makes for a better, deeper, and all around longer lasting franchise. Everyone wants these characters to develop so quick. They give the characters no room to stretch.

More to speaking about actors, the guy who is playing the new Spider-man [Andrew Garfield] was really great in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnasus. He seemed to have a mature quality about him AND be able to act like a kid occasionally, and still it be the same character. And that's what Peter Parker is supposed to be. He's a kid that was forced to grow up quick. He's mature and responsible for the most part. And then he gets these powers and his kid like nature takes over and he acts like any other kid would. And when his immaturity causes the death of his uncle, he's once again forced to grow up quick and take responsibility. Even though it was a great story and my favorite of the trilogy, having him give up being spider-man in only the second movie. Once again...i think it moves too quick. It would be cool to see him start out as a freshman in high school. Maybe even go the Harry Potter route and do 1 movie for each year of school. 4 for high school; 4 or even 6 for college. I'd really like a James Bond-like franchise out of a superhero movie. Give the character time to grow and not be confined to a Trilogy.
    ><>

Well, Spiderman back in high school could workout fine, I mean that part of the first movie did work, I just really hope they don’t overdo it on the teenage drama. I think there’s a fine line between good character development stuff and soap opera. Smallville might be sort of an example; I watched and enjoyed the first 2 seasons but by the 3rd season it just seemed like every episode ended with Clark and Lana walking away from each other with a hurt look in their eyes over some misunderstanding even though they both really wanted to be together. It was just a little too much for me. I also hope they don’t feel the need to make all the villains classmates at the same high school. Can you imagine a teenaged Doc Oc? I can’t. Well I’m sure they won’t do that. I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but I’m still going to miss Toby McGuire as spidey even if I enjoy the next one.

Hackmodford wrote:I wish they would do these older spider-man movies but also keep the tobey mcguire franchise going.
    I was sooo disappointed how quick venom was here and then gone. He's my favorite villain and it should've been just him in the entire movie. I don't like it when they have two villains (Unless the two villains are truly partners or something)

Yeah Venom easily could have been a whole movie by himself. It was a good movie considering they crammed in 3 villains and Mary Jane’s part of the story, but they tried to do too much to do it all properly. I felt the same way about X-Men 3. The Dark Phoenix story should have been a movie all by itself instead of being shoehorned in with Magneto and the anti-mutant war. What a waste!

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 30th 2010, 10:01 pm

yeah Venom was one favorite Spider-man villians I would have keep the balck costume story in 3 and end with Eddie Brock (sp) becoming Venom so we'd know who the villian for 4.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy July 31st 2010, 10:48 am

yeah Venom was one favorite Spider-man villians I would have keep the balck costume story in 3 and end with Eddie Brock (sp) becoming Venom so we'd know who the villian for 4.

Good call!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 6:12 pm