Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
DNArington
Dunadwarf
BenAvery
7 posters

What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know!

BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know! Empty What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know!

Post  BenAvery November 2nd 2013, 12:35 pm

For our 100th episode of Strangers and Aliens (which will be hitting iPods and RSS catchers on November 14, which ALSO happens to be our 2nd birthday!) we're compiling a list of the greatest 100 characters from sci-fi and fantasy.

Movies? Comics? Novels? Games? Whatever!

We really want listener response for this one -- Dr. Jayce, Steve, and me are compiling lists of 100 each, but we are also using listener lists to help weight our standings.

All you have to do is send us a list of your top ten (or so) characters, and we will use them to develop the top 100 favorite characters list!

Also, we'd REALLY love it if you sent us a voice recording or short written description about your #1 choice, so it's not just OUR words but YOUR words, too!

We're super excited about doing this. We wanted to figure out a way to make episode 100 epic, and also make it something we could get our listeners involved in!

E-mail your list to podcast@strangersandaliens.com -- if you want to give us a voice recording talking about your #1 character, you can e-mail an MP3 to that address or you can call our voice mail hotline -- 1-804-37-ALIEN.

Deadline is November 6!

Thanks!
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know! Empty Re: What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know!

Post  Dunadwarf November 4th 2013, 6:21 pm

I really love Benjamin Sisko, Julian Bashir, Kira Nerys, Worf, Martok & Odo from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (shocking, I know),
    Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation,
    Grand Admiral Thrawn and Corran Horn from the Star Wars Expanded Universe,
    Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager,
    Superman from...well, Superman,
    and Kal D'argo from Farscape
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know! Empty Re: What are your top ten favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters? Strangers and Aliens wants to know!

Post  DNArington November 5th 2013, 11:24 pm

1. Spider-Man (from Marvel Comics)
    2. Batman (from DC Comics)
    3. Ellie (from The Last of Us)
    4. The Green Goblin (from Marvel Comics)
    5. Iron Man (from Marvel Comics)
    6. Aquaman (from DC Comics)
    7. Joel (from The Last of Us)
    8. Captain America (from Marvel Comics)
    9. The Silver Surfer (from Marvel Comics)
    10. The Flash (from DC Comics)
    11. Black Panther (from Marvel Comics)
    12. The Terminator (From the Terminator movies)
    13. The Joker (from DC Comics)
    14. Harley Quinn (from DC Comics)
    15. The Hulk (from Marvel Comics)
    16. Gambit (from Marvel Comics)
    17. Nick Fury (from Marvel Comics)
    18. Captain Jack Sparrow (The Pirates of the Caribbean movies)
    19. Hawkeye (from Marvel Comics)
    20. Tron (from the Tron movies)
    21. Kevin Flynn (from the Tron movies)
    22. Del Spooner (from I,Robot movie)
    23. Gru (from Despicable Me)
    24. Tomas Hunter (from Ted Dekker’s Circle trilogy)
    25. Gwen Stacy (from Marvel Comics)

By top ten or so did you mean 25? Haha, sorry if this is really long. I thought coming up with and deciding on 100 characters would be hard, but when I started writing my top ten, new ones just kept coming to mind and I ended up with 25. The hardest part for me is putting them in order. I can pare it down to 10-12 if you want me to.

I’m sure I’m missing a bunch that could be in my top 25, but these are the ones that came to mind. My top 2 are pretty firm, but the rest could move around depending on the day. I almost wanted to add Jodie Holmes (from Beyond: Two Souls) because I can see her ending up in my favorites, but I haven’t finished the game yet, so I restrained.

Last edited by DNArington on November 5th 2013, 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington November 5th 2013, 11:35 pm

DNArington wrote:
    I’m sure I’m missing a bunch that could be in my top 25, but these are the ones that came to mind.
    Heck, I left off Wolverine, Beowulf, Cole (from InFamous), Spock, Neo and more! Come on, people, get your lists in soon! It’s fun and fairly easy, and if you forget someone it’s no big deal!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 6th 2013, 1:43 pm

I'd never make the deadline of I had to put them in order and be sure of my choices. That's too much pressure. So recklessly and in no particular order:

Batman, Green Lantern, John Chrichton, Aeryn Sun, Scorpius, Sam Beckett, Joker, The Thing, Agent Smith, Jack Burton.

www.spiritblade.com
    jsweeney
    jsweeney

Activity : 30
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jsweeney November 6th 2013, 5:14 pm

I just submitted this list to the email address:

10. Paul Atreides – I had to include the character who more or less founded the narrative of my favorite Sci Fi series.
    9. Doctor Who – The Tom Baker version, of course
    8. Aslan – Shouldn't a fantasy incarnation of Jesus be higher on the list? The problem is that it took so little imagination for Lewis to create him!
    7. Superman – The only significant "first cause" of modern super hero characters.
    6. Mr. Spock – It's only logical (try and count how many submissions use that line)
    5. Batman – Only greater than Superman because of his vastly superior rogues gallery.
    4. Indiana Jones – He made it cool to be a college professor.
    3. James T. Kirk – The William Shatner version, of course
    2. Gandalf – He's like the Holy Spirit of Middle Earth with great lines.
    1. Darth Vader – I hate to put a villain at number 1, but he's just the perfect character. He's the apex of all the cool visual designs in Star Wars and JEJ gave him the most distinctive (and awesome) voice in cinematic history. His redemption is also the most stirring and satisfying moment of any fictional saga.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi November 7th 2013, 12:55 pm

I sent my list in already but I should have included Beeker from The Muppets!

Twitter
    Instagram
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322

Post  BenAvery November 7th 2013, 1:43 pm

Too late! The list is all but done!
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi November 7th 2013, 2:01 pm

BenAvery wrote:Too late! The list is all but done!
    I figured.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338

Post  Rickster November 8th 2013, 12:18 am

Paeter wrote:I'd never make the deadline of I had to put them in order and be sure of my choices. That's too much pressure. So recklessly and in no particular order:

Batman, Green Lantern, John Chrichton, Aeryn Sun, Scorpius, Sam Beckett, Joker, The Thing, Agent Smith, Jack Burton.
    Batman Green Lantern Sam Beckett Joker The Thing Agent Smith I know but who are the rest?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 8th 2013, 5:00 pm

Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote:I'd never make the deadline of I had to put them in order and be sure of my choices. That's too much pressure. So recklessly and in no particular order:

Batman Green Lantern Sam Beckett Joker The Thing Agent Smith I know but who are the rest?
    John Chrichton, Aeryn Sun and Scorpius are all Farscape characters. Jack Burton is the "hero" from the classic movie "Big Trouble In Little China". Do not forfeit geek cred. See this movie immediately!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:53 am