Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Favorite PS3/X-Box 360 games?

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Favorite PS3/X-Box 360 games? Empty Favorite PS3/X-Box 360 games?

Post  DNArington November 27th 2013, 2:06 am

So as this new gaming generation begins and the old one begins fading away, what are some of your favorite PlayStation 3 and X-Box 360 games?

I am actually still fairly new to the generation that just passed. I bought a Playstation 3 a year and a half to two years ago, but here are my hi-lights thus far:

InFamous (A great, original superhero game with an interesting choice mechanic.)

Batman: Arkham City (The ultimate Batman game. I honestly don't know how to make it better, though I hope Arkham Origins does!)

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royal (One of my favorite brawlers)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (The other option for my favorite brawler)

The Last of Us (Great gameplay, Great story, Great characters, Great greaty greatness!) (Plug: I reviewed it on episode 22 of my podcast)

Honorable Mentions: Beyond: Two Souls (An extremely unique game that has its flaws, but is worth checking out in my opinion.) (Plug: A review is coming to the Helix Reviews podcast very soon.)
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Favorite PS3/X-Box 360 games? Empty Re: Favorite PS3/X-Box 360 games?

Post  Drew.Rub November 27th 2013, 6:43 am

Haven't played on a PS3, so my Fav X360 games to date are:

Star Wars: Kinect and Force Unleashed/FUII (yes, I said it)
    Portal 2
    Halo Series
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 27th 2013, 6:13 pm

XBox 360-
    Dragon Age: Origins and expansions
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

I've enjoyed a number of other games, but compared to the length and quality of these three, I had trouble bringing any others to mind.

I'd love to have put more action games on this list, but...well...I'll refer you to my rant in ep. 292 of the SBU podcast.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings December 10th 2013, 5:10 am

I played a lot of PC games when I was younger, my favourites were adventure games by Sierra and Lucasarts, but have only recently join the console gaming world.

A couple of years ago we got a PS3. Some of my favourite games so far have been:
    * Uncharted Series. (Currently at the final boss fight of uncharted 2. I hate boss fights)
    * Batman Arkum Asylum
    * Back To The Future by Telltale Games (not usual console fare, a good old-school point-and-click adventure game)
    * Star Wars Force Unleashed II

I'm into anything that has a good story to it, and less into "gamey" games if that makes any sense.

I'm a little disappointed that the PS4 has been released. For a little while there I was at the forefront of gaming. No longer. Oh well, at least PS3 games might get cheaper.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington December 10th 2013, 8:46 pm

AdamCollings wrote:I'm into anything that has a good story to it, and less into "gamey" games if that makes any sense.

I know what you mean. I've been leaning more and more in that direction lately. Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us (both of which I mentioned earlier) are very story-based games and are great IMO.
    Batman: Arkham City is an improvement from the already great Arkham Asylum, so I would recomend checking it out!
    Uncharted is a series that is definatly on my radar and I will probably at least start playing the first one next year sometime.
    TellTale games is a company that intrigues me, because their games often seem to be praised for their compelling stories, so I want to check out one of their projects.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster December 10th 2013, 10:53 pm

DNArington wrote:
    Uncharted is a series that is definatly on my radar and I will probably at least start playing the first one next year sometime.

I Played the first two Uncharted this year and really enjoyed them (I thought 2 was better) I haven't played 3 or the one for the Vita yet but hope to get to them next year

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 7:43 am