Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Progress and Goals

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Progress and Goals - Page 2 Empty Re: Progress and Goals

Post  Paeter January 11th 2011, 3:03 pm

Hey Mixers/Directors!

Hope you're all doing well! This week has started out better than last for me, and I'm figuring out how to make the best use pf my time a little more.

Since I'm not mixing an audio drama these days, my updates will vary from creative work (writing, mixing special features, etc.) to marketing stuff. Hope that's okay.

By the end of last week the clutter had not been reduced at all and I found myself trying to move onto other long-term marketing stuff. That quickly served as a reminder that, yes, it does pay to straighten up your room now and then. So today I'm going to force myself to start cleaning up, remembering that it is a step forward, even though it feels like stalling out.

My chief goal for this week is to straighten up my office and map out my major "to dos" for the next six to nine months. I talked about a lot of things coming up this year in the "2011" podcast episode last weekend, but I can only make good on them if I get organized.

How about everyone else? Where are your current projects right now and what do you plan to do to move them forward by this time next week?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 18th 2011, 12:30 pm

Hey Fearless Mixers!

Hope you guys are all doing well. I had a great time interviewing New York Times Bestseller Brent Weeks last night. Put me on cloud nine for probably the rest of this week!

I was successful in getting my office cleaned up and organized. This week I'm planning to edit and release the first of the new behind the scenes video features for "Pilgrim's Progress", and start working on the two podcast shows that will feature my interview with Brent Weeks. They'll be a little bit different than normal shows and I also want to make them as solid as I can, since I suspect they'll draw a ton of traffic.

Here's a question for the rest of you. Would you guys prefer that I contact you individually to see how you're doing and what your goals are each week? The idea behind this thread was that we all check in and talk about what we've done to move our projects forward, even if its microscopic or if we've failed to meet our own goals, and share goals for the following week.

Having to share progress and goals can motivate a person to follow through, and hearing about each others progress can also be motivating. But the conversation here seems limited to me and Brandon.

I don't like setting deadlines and I don't have any plans to start. But I think its important for the survival of the SBUA that some form of steady progress be made, however small. I want to be a source of encouragement and practical aid whenever I can be for you guys, and to help keep your projects on track.

So my question is, can I serve you better by contacting you individually via e-mail each week? Or is there something else I can do to help you personally with your project?

Please let me know what I can do. I want to be whatever you need.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 2nd 2011, 12:17 pm

Well, after checking in with Pam, Tanja and Tim (You out there, Tim? No answer from you yet.) it seems that checking in via e-mail is going to be the preferred option.

However, you're all still more than welcome to share your goals and progress here and to use "The Mixer's Corner" forum to interact with each other for helpful tips or any other reason.

Looking forward to seeing all of your projects move forward! You've got some great material to work with!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 18th 2024, 2:36 am