Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Birthday Game-A-Thon!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Birthday Game-A-Thon!! Empty Birthday Game-A-Thon!!

Post  Paeter March 31st 2014, 12:57 pm

I'm gearing up for my annual birthday game-a-thon this saturday. 14 hours straight of table-top gaming!

Games on my agenda include:

HeroQuest (with advanced in-house rules and monsters)
    Pathfinder The Adventure Card Game
    Thunderstone
    Doom: The Boardgame
    (possibly) Under The Shadow Of The Dragon
    MageKnight The Board Game (my choice for solo play when no guests are present)

Some of these games I haven't played in awhile and I'm really looking forward to. Oddly enough, I won't be bothered at all for those periods during the open-house when no one is there but me, since Mage Knight has been softly calling to me a for weeks now. (AMAAAzing game, but hard to get to the table due to its length.)

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Birthday Game-A-Thon!! Empty Re: Birthday Game-A-Thon!!

Post  WhiteBoy March 31st 2014, 3:53 pm

Paeter wrote:I'm gearing up for my annual birthday game-a-thon this saturday. 14 hours straight of table-top gaming!

Games on my agenda include:

HeroQuest (with advanced in-house rules and monsters)
    Pathfinder The Adventure Card Game
    Thunderstone
    Doom: The Boardgame
    (possibly) Under The Shadow Of The Dragon
    MageKnight The Board Game (my choice for solo play when no guests are present)

Some of these games I haven't played in awhile and I'm really looking forward to. Oddly enough, I won't be bothered at all for those periods during the open-house when no one is there but me, since Mage Knight has been softly calling to me a for weeks now. (AMAAAzing game, but hard to get to the table due to its length.)

Excellent choices. I wanna try out Pathfinder and Mage Knight. I hear good things about both of them.

Have you played both Thunderstone and Ascension? Can you compare/contrast them? They seem pretty similar to me.

I've never seen Doom. However, I have played FFG's Tannhauser which is more-or-less a FPS in a board game. I was surprised how well implemented it was. It was good fun.

I haven't heard of Under the Shadow of the Dragon. Worth checking out?

Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 1st 2014, 5:20 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:
    Have you played both Thunderstone and Ascension?  Can you compare/contrast them?  They seem pretty similar to me.

I haven't heard of Under the Shadow of the Dragon.  Worth checking out?

Haven't played Ascension as it doesn't have a co-op mode I know of and the art was not my style at all. MUCH prefer the Thunderstone art.

Under The Shadow Of The Dragon is an expansion and self-contained spin-off of the game "Return Of The Heroes", which is a little too rare for me to pick up at a low-risk price. Haven't had much experience with Under The Shadow, so the jury is still out.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 8:34 pm