Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Red Dwarf, Biblical literalism and Silicon Heaven

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Red Dwarf, Biblical literalism and Silicon Heaven Empty Red Dwarf, Biblical literalism and Silicon Heaven

Post  UKSteve April 6th 2014, 4:44 pm

I know there are a few folks on here with a passing familiarity with Red Dwarf, so for those people, I just reviewed the episode 'The Last Day' over on my blog.

That's the episode where Kryten is due to be replaced, and has a bunch of religious references from Rimmer's family (the Seventh Day Advent Hoppists), Lister apparently being a pantheist (but not a frying pantheist), and of course Kryten taking solace in the existence of Silicon Heaven.

So there's an open invitation to trot over to http://stevetrower.com/re-dwarf-the-last-day/ if you fancy discussing the big theological matters raised by the episode - or we can just do that here, of course Smile
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Red Dwarf, Biblical literalism and Silicon Heaven Empty Re: Red Dwarf, Biblical literalism and Silicon Heaven

Post  ComiKate April 7th 2014, 5:58 am

Ah, Red Dwarf... yes, I loved that series!
    But it has been so long since I've seen it on the tele. Is it even still on?

Anyway, although I don't remember this specific episode, your review is awesome! It captures the typical Red Dwarf atmosphere, and brings back fond memories Smile

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 12:32 pm