Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Game of Thrones

Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Game of Thrones Empty Game of Thrones

Post  Dunadwarf April 10th 2014, 7:06 pm

Anybody here into GoT? It's not for everyone, but if you're into this show, what are you thinking so far?
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post  tmorrill April 11th 2014, 2:48 am

I've only seen the first three episodes of the show so I can't comment on that, but I have read all the books so I'll just sit here smug at knowing what's going to happen for at least a little while longer.  Very Happy 

Great book series though. I'm torn on the TV show, I would have liked the nudity to be toned downed down but I do appreciate the way HBO has paid attention to the source material.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 11th 2014, 12:00 pm

I'm a fan!
    I like that men & women are treated equally by the writers, in that they both come in all flavours: young/old, beautiful/ugly, privileged/enslaved, fierce/weak, powerhungry/just hungry, hunting/hunted, good/evil etc.

My favorite male character is Tyrion Lannister, favorite female Daenerys Targaryen.

And - extra bonus: this fourth season not one but TWO Dutch actors! Carice van Houten (Melisandre) and now Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis) as well. Yea the Netherlands! cheers 

Haven't read the books though.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 11th 2014, 3:15 pm

I haven't seen the show or read books but I'm curious if the show is a straight up adaptation of the books.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy April 12th 2014, 10:31 am

Dunadwarf wrote:Anybody here into GoT? It's not for everyone, but if you're into this show, what are you thinking so far?
    We do not have cable, but we have bought or borrowed the first two seasons.  We have season three from a friend, but decided to go back and watch the first two seasons again as a refresher.  My wife really loves the books.  She burned through them all in a month or so.  We are both really enjoying the show, but I agree on the nudity.  I don't always do a good job of diverting my eyes when I should.  Sad

My favorite male character is Tyrion Lannister, favorite female Daenerys Targaryen.

I completely agree with Kate...

The production value is amazing.  They put so much detail into it, and it feels very authentic.  I love the music and the intro, too.  The intrigue is captivating.  Now that I think about it, many of these are the same reasons I like House of Cards.

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 12th 2014, 11:02 am

WhiteBoy wrote: Now that I think about it, many of these are the same reasons I like House of Cards.

Oh, so do I! I love House of Cards! Recently finished binge-watching season 2, I so want them to do a third season!

Then you'd like Boss too, with Kelsey Grammer. Very, very good political thriller series.

Sorry for the off-topic!
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf April 12th 2014, 2:28 pm

I agree about the sex and nudity. The stories are good enough they don't need the pointless titilation (how often does their need to be sex for the scenes compared to how often they go to brothels and such?).
    Does anyone know why they changed Dario? I've never cared for the character and I don't see this new guy being anything less than the old, but I wonder since he's the only casting change we've had yet. It's like Mark Ruffalo as Hulk...he does the job fine, but he breaks the consistency streak by being new.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 6:21 pm