Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Christain image in God of War 2

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Christain image in God of War 2 Empty Christain image in God of War 2

Post  Rickster April 27th 2014, 11:58 pm

I just beat God of War 2 today and close to the end of the game there are these 3 murals the first one is a picture of a war between the titans and the gods the second is a lone survivor of the war and the third is 3 men following a star with a caption reading "three travelers heading to an unknown destiny". Now the god of war series was one of the last place i'd expect to see anything relating to christianity and i know this a small thing that could be easily missed or ignored but it could also be used to at least talk about what this image means and how it applies to the series and go on from there to a deeper things.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Christain image in God of War 2 Empty Re: Christain image in God of War 2

Post  Paeter April 28th 2014, 12:50 pm

I finished God Of War 2, but I don't remember any of that. (It was years ago.) Do you have an idea of what it was intended to refer to in the context of the story?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 28th 2014, 4:59 pm

After i saw this i googled 3 wisemen in god of war and i guess there was going to be a part in god of war 3 that featured the wise men but the story was changed. So a lot people have theories about what it means
    1. Kratos kills all of the gods of olympus and now is the only god making him the god of the bible
    2. Kratos kills the gods which ends the greek religion and another God comes and sets a new religion Christianity.
    3. This isnt the magi it represents something else.

My theory/spiritual application in god of war kratos does all the work of the gods so his past sins can be forgiven after doing everything that was was asked was told that there was no way for him to be forgiven. Now with this picture it means that there is coming a God who will give everything He has to forgive Kratos sins but not by the works kratos does but by the Grace of God.
    Now im sure that the game makers didnt intend for that application but it was what i came up with

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 5:55 am