Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Kingstone Media (Biblical Comics)

Introspect
    Introspect

Activity : 9
    Geek-Cred : 0

Kingstone Media (Biblical Comics) Empty Kingstone Media (Biblical Comics)

Post  Introspect October 6th 2015, 8:58 pm

Just came across this and thought I'd share. http://kingstonemedia.com/ Seems like they are very good quality, and from what I can see so far pretty biblical as well. Anyone have any of these yet? If so, would you recommend them?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Kingstone Media (Biblical Comics) Empty Re: Kingstone Media (Biblical Comics)

Post  mikel.withers October 7th 2015, 8:08 am

Unfortunately, I don't have any of them, but I do have a little insight.
    Ben Avery is one of the podcasters that I listen to. (Comic Book Time Machine, Strangers and Aliens)
    He wrote the Book of Job issue. From listening to him, I'd expect that telling the Bible's story is what is important to him.

...hrmmm, it just occurred to me that S&A is part of the CGC
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 7th 2015, 9:45 am

Cool! Just added them to our links! Looks like really good art! Great first impression!

www.spiritblade.com
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman October 7th 2015, 9:54 am

I'm a big comic fan.
    The art work is always amazing with Kingstone!
    The books themselves vary in quality of writing.

Many of the Bible comics just rerun/summarize the stories, which is a method of biblical story telling I find rather dull. But, often others retell the story (staying true to the text) with modern storytelling sensibilities.

I haven't read everything by them, but here's my top picks in no particular order:
    2048 (rather edgy sci-fi)
    Vladimir Prince of Russia
    The Last Convert
    The Twelve
    Job
    Book of God (more of a narrative textbook on how we have received the Bible. Very well done, though)
    Jonah
    Babylon

I'm glad they're putting out books with such high quality art.
    I'm sure their Bible stuff sells better, but I'd love to see more fiction from them!
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  BenAvery November 7th 2015, 12:05 pm

We do our best to remain true to the Biblical account. Often the Biblical accounts aren't written with the needs of a comic book script in mind. Weird. Smile

I'm currently working on Hosea. It's been an interesting story to crack, telling the story in such a way that the themes and ideas are there in enough depth for both younger and older readers, but also presenting the story in such a way that will be appropriate for younger readers. We'll see how successful we are with it...
    Introspect
    Introspect

Activity : 9
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Introspect November 7th 2015, 12:54 pm

BenAvery wrote:We do our best to remain true to the Biblical account. Often the Biblical accounts aren't written with the needs of a comic book script in mind. Weird. Smile

I'm currently working on Hosea. It's been an interesting story to crack, telling the story in such a way that the themes and ideas are there in enough depth for both younger and older readers, but also presenting the story in such a way that will be appropriate for younger readers. We'll see how successful we are with it...

Nice. Look forward to checking them out first hand. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 6:15 am