Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

My Church's Sermons Online, If You're Curious

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

My Church's Sermons Online, If You're Curious Empty My Church's Sermons Online, If You're Curious

Post  Paeter January 7th 2016, 4:44 pm

I mention each week on the podcast that I'm not formally trained in scripture, and it occurred to me that some folks might wonder, in light of that, what my influences are in terms of how I see scripture. I've mentioned using several commentaries and theology texts, but I thought I might also give a link to our church's website, since they've begun putting videos of the weekly sermons online as of last summer. I've been attending and serving at Red Mountain Community Church in Mesa, Arizona since High School (mid-90's for me), and the teaching at the church has certainly had a big impact on me and how I approach both individual study of scripture and teaching scripture myself.

I'm definitely a strong advocate (as you guys hopefully know) of involvement in a local church, and do not believe that online churches or online Christian communities can even remotely compare or stand-in for involvement with a local, Bible-teaching church. So this reference should definitely be seen as a supplement to your local church involvement at best, or just a way to satisfy curiosity regarding my background.

So for anyone curious, here is where you can find video versions of the sermons at my church.

http://www.rmcchurch.org/resources/sermons/

www.spiritblade.com
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

My Church's Sermons Online, If You're Curious Empty Re: My Church's Sermons Online, If You're Curious

Post  CreatorsPixels January 7th 2016, 7:18 pm

Very interesting! And a nicely done website too. Thanks for sharing!

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 7:45 pm