Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

"The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47

Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

"The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47 Empty "The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47

Post  Nathan James Norman February 8th 2016, 2:17 pm

A challenging episode by Mikel Withers.

The episode can be heard here: http://www.untoldpodcast.com/home/episode-47-the-will-of-the-time-traveler

I actually used this story in a sermon a few weeks ago if you're interested: http://www.orchardchurch.net/sermons/a-voice-crying-in-the-wilderness

"The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47 9489725
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

"The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47 Empty Re: "The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47

Post  AdamCollings February 8th 2016, 8:57 pm

I love time travel so I greatly enjoyed this episode. I also found it very challenging.
    I may have to watch your sermon Nathan.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

"The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47 Empty Re: "The Will of the Time Traveler" Episode 47

Post  Nathan James Norman February 8th 2016, 9:21 pm

Thanks again Adam.
    Mikel has a nice rhythm in his dialogue.

I don't think I've ever thought to feature one of the podcast stories in a sermon... but the only thing that made sense for the conclusion was this story. (Mikel Withers gave me permission).
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers February 10th 2016, 10:08 am

It's an honor, really. I never expected my writing would end up in a sermon, myself.

Any English teacher would grind their teeth to nubs reading my work. I write how I talk and think, which is not grammatically correct. Plus, I started writing with submitting to Untold as my goal, so I write with the spoken word (as opposed to written word) in the forefront.
    Points of ellipses is my favorite punctuation, although I use commas more often.

A little side note about the time travel aspect, I made the angel use both future and past tenses in one sentence. I'll be honest: I don't remember if that was on purpose or not.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 6:42 pm