Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

different kind of Christian book club

mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

different kind of Christian book club Empty different kind of Christian book club

Post  mikel.withers June 9th 2016, 1:41 pm

Paeter has inspired me, with the episode "Why isn't there more Christian fantasy" to try pushing for a book club where we would talk about speculative Christian fiction. ...specifically "new" authors instead of Lewis and Tolkien.
    I think it could be a good way to showcase some "local" talent, and broaden markets for both the authors, and intellectual thought.
    Whatcha'll think?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

different kind of Christian book club Empty Re: different kind of Christian book club

Post  mikel.withers June 13th 2016, 1:38 pm

Anyway, I started it up, if anyone reading would like to join, I am Mikel Withers on Facebook (there are some Witherspoons, but I'm the only Withers at this point)
    I am starting us off with the Crossover Alliance Anthology Vol. 1 which you can get for free by going to thecrossoveralliance.com and signing up for their newsletter.
    Snow And Ash by our very own Nathan James Norman will be our first story this Friday.

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 5:13 pm