Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

"Synching Of The Spirit"

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

"Synching Of The Spirit" Empty "Synching Of The Spirit"

Post  Paeter October 10th 2016, 10:17 am

On the recent episode of the SBU podcast I mentioned how the Holy Spirit has been doing some interesting synching up of the scripture I'm personally reading/studying, the scripture I'm teaching through on the podcast and the scripture being taught on Sunday mornings at our church. In all three cases, scripture is largely being approached chapter by chapter, verse by verse, over a long period of time, with other scripture relevant to the main passage coming into the picture now and then to expand on or support an idea coming out of the main passage.

I've been personally going through the Psalms for a couple years, we're going through Hebrews on the podcast and our church has been going through Luke recently.

I've just been repeatedly surprised lately at how God has caused these long established/scheduled studies to line up with events in my life, line up with each other(as a passage from one book may be quoted in support of the idea in another passage in a completely separate study) or things central to my thoughts, as well as things happening in this community.

Well, add one more to the list. Last night at the college group I serve in, the college pastor taught from Psalm 146, which I just arrived at late last week in my study through the Psalms. His choice of the Psalm was intentionally timed to the election season, but mine wasn't. And after turning off another depressing presidential debate last night, worried about the state and future of our country, I was confronted with verse 3-5 of Psalm 146 just an hour later:

Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,(ESV)

The Holy Spirit has not made a habit of doing this kind of thing with me, until recently. And it may just last for a season. But I wanted to put it out there again for you guys to see with me, and invite us all to perk up our ears. God seems to be doing something unusual with me in my interaction with his word recently and I don't want to miss out on what he's drawing my attention to. And it may be that he will do the same thing for you as you make yourself available to his word.

May Yahweh bless all of us with an increasing hunger for time in his word, and a willingness to let it both encourage and pierce our hearts.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

"Synching Of The Spirit" Empty Re: "Synching Of The Spirit"

Post  Rickster October 10th 2016, 1:20 pm

I remember a few years back I was doing one of those through the Bible in a year plans and the church I was going to was also doing a chapter by chapter verse by verse study of the Bible. Obviously there would be a point where I caught up and then passed where my church was in their study but it turned out that I got caught up on a Sunday so I had the same chapter in my bible reading and in the church service.

But I find it interesting is when I hear something that talks about what I'm going through at that very moment. It's happened a few times with the SBU podcast and even a happened when I listened to A World of Shadows
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 11th 2016, 10:46 am

Rickster wrote:
    But I find it interesting is when I hear something that talks about what I'm going through at that very moment. It's happened a few times with the SBU podcast and even a happened when I listened to A World of Shadows

Yeah, I think those are the kind of Spirit orchestrated moments that should give us pause and make us ask "what is God saying to me and to what is he leading me"?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster October 11th 2016, 12:21 pm

A couple other examples of God synching thing up for me came to mind this morning. Not sure if this exactly what you were talking about but it's so strange that it could only have been orchestrated by God.

1. I was applying for a job and waiting for them to call me in to be interviewed. As I was sitting there they had a radio on so I prayed "God if I'm suppose to get this job please have this song play on the radio before my interview". It didn't play after the interview I get in the car turn on the radio and the first song that the station plays was the song I had asked for. (think of it as a reverse Gideon's Fleece). So a couple years later I'm trying to produce a game show I created for one of my college classes and it was taking too much of my time and stressing me out and was really of thinking giving up. Well one morning I turned on the TV and there was some woman talking about perseverance and she said something like I know it's hard and your stressed out about it but think about how great it's going to feel when you're finished" and then just to let me know that this message was for me they play the music video to the song I had asked for during the interview.

2. I was watching an interview with some Christian artist (who I can't remember who) and she was talking about her battle with cutting her self. So a couple days later I was told my sister about this and we talked about it for a little bit. A couple weeks later I learned my sister had cutting herself for a couples years and had even attempted suicide. I felt like God had use that interview to at least prepare me for what was about to happen.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 12th 2016, 9:23 am

Rickster wrote:A couple other examples of God synching thing up for me came to mind this morning. Not sure if this exactly what you were talking about but it's so strange that it could only have been orchestrated by God.

1. I was applying for a job and waiting for them to call me in to be interviewed. As I was sitting there they had a radio on so I prayed "God if I'm suppose to get this job please have this song play on the radio before my interview". It didn't play after the interview I get in the car turn on the radio and the first song that the station plays was the song I had asked for. (think of it as a reverse Gideon's Fleece). So a couple years later I'm trying to produce a game show I created for one of my college classes and it was taking too much of my time and stressing me out and was really of thinking giving up. Well one morning I turned on the TV and there was some woman talking about perseverance and she said something like I know it's hard and your stressed out about it but think about how great it's going to feel when you're finished" and then just to let me know that this message was for me they play the music video to the song I had asked for during the interview.

2. I was watching an interview with some Christian artist (who I can't remember who) and she was talking about her battle with cutting her self. So a couple days later I was told my sister about this and we talked about it for a little bit. A couple weeks later I learned my sister had cutting herself for a couples years and had even attempted suicide. I felt like God had use that interview to at least prepare me for what was about to happen.  

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Absolutely.
    Rarely if ever has God responded to my requests for signs. For me he seems to come up with his own ideas for signs and surprises me with them, as was the case more in your #2.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 3:16 pm