Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming Empty Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming

Post  AdamCollings November 16th 2016, 10:15 pm

So my church just started doing a public live stream of our services, and for the next couple of weeks, I'll be doing the vision mixing.

Which means, if you don't have anything to do on a Saturday afternoon/evening, are curious about seeing church in another country (with an admittedly similar culture), or you just want to check out my handywork, you can now watch it live.

We don't have licensing to archive services, so the video feed is only available while the service runs.

There is a handy timezone drop-down, to see the start time in your local area, as well as a big countdown to the next service.

Basically, my job is to instruct the camera people, let them know if I want any particular shots etc, and operate the desk, controlling whatever appears in the screen (or in this case, the broadcast). It's kind of like being the director of a live TV show, and is a lot of fun.

Anyway, you can view the feed at http://doorofhope.churchonline.org/

and you can learn more about the church at http://www.door-of-hope.org/

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming Empty Re: Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming

Post  jorowi November 17th 2016, 7:55 am

I was going to say that I went to your church's website and everything is upside-down but I figured you've probably heard a joke like that before from those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. Razz

Twitter
    Instagram
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming Empty Re: Come to church with me in Australia (sort of) - Live streaming

Post  mikel.withers November 17th 2016, 9:27 am

Cool, I might have to check that out
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 17th 2016, 10:06 am

That sounds really cool, Adam!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 17th 2016, 6:07 pm

jorowi wrote:I was going to say that I went to your church's website and everything is upside-down but I figured you've probably heard a joke like that before from those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. Razz  

Maybe everything DOES look upside down here, but from my frame of reference, that is normal, so we would never know that what we each see is different Shocked

Then again, maybe I'm just talking nonsense due to the pressure on my brain from standing on my head all the time.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 18th 2016, 9:46 am

AdamCollings wrote:

Then again, maybe I'm just talking nonsense due to the pressure on my brain from standing on my head all the time.

lol of the morning! Thank you!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 3:25 am