Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of

BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of Empty THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of

Post  BenAvery November 2nd 2013, 12:27 pm

The episode of Agents of SHIELD directly after Thor: The Dark World hits American screens will feature the team dealing directly with some of the aftermath of the movie.

It's going to be directed by Jonathan Frakes.

This is something many people (including Daniel Butcher and me on our Welcome to Level Seven podcast about Agents of SHIELD -- http://welcometolevelseven.com ) have been wondering about and expecting, although I'll admit I was almost expecting it to just be a mention.

The TV show can do this easily -- they know exact dates and they have access to scripts and producers and such -- so I was hoping for this kind of planning.

It will be interesting to see what kind of tie-ins we get with Winter Soldier, which is VERY SHIELD heavy.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of Empty Re: THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of

Post  DNArington November 2nd 2013, 11:12 pm

Awesome! I was hoping they would do something like this!

It reminds me of a comic (and rightfully so, I guess) where they have a main series then one or two issues (or in this case episodes) that tie into a big event. I like it!
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of Empty Re: THOR . . . and the Agents of SHIELD . . . sort of

Post  ComiKate November 4th 2013, 9:08 am

Do you perhaps have any idea which SHIELD episode will be the Thor follow-up? I suspect the cinema schedule in the Netherlands is not the same as in the USA, so I'd like to know when to put SHIELD on hold to wait for Thor in our cinemas first...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 4th 2013, 3:21 pm

Hmm. Interesting. It occurs to me that Agents Of SHIELD has a potential new, increased opportunity to get new viewers or get viewers back any time a new Marvel movie comes out. They have to be aware of this. Is it possible they may take the opportunity to fix (at least marginally in the editing room) some of the problems with the show and earn back viewers like myself? I can't help but wonder, so I just may give them the chance! Here's hoping the episode next week is frickin' amazing! Go editor, go! It's in your hands until we get to the episodes being written and directed right now (which are hopefully being approached differently in light of criticism and ratings problems).

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster November 4th 2013, 8:32 pm

ComiKate wrote:Do you perhaps have any idea which SHIELD episode will be the Thor follow-up? I suspect the cinema schedule in the Netherlands is not the same as in the USA, so I'd like to know when to put SHIELD on hold to wait for Thor in our cinemas first...
    I believe it's episode 8

Paeter wrote:Hmm. Interesting. It occurs to me that Agents Of SHIELD has a potential new, increased opportunity to get new viewers or get viewers back any time a new Marvel movie comes out.
    I bet that's why Winter Solider is coming out in April instead of May so people can watch the show in time for the a Capt. America cross over episode for the May sweeps

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 5:08 am