Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Taking Down My Comics

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Taking Down My Comics Empty Taking Down My Comics

Post  Paeter January 17th 2017, 10:00 am

This week I will start packing up my office and taking down the comics from my wall. We are preparing to put our house on the market in February, and my office needs some changing in order for it to present well.

I covered my wall with comics when at my parents house and vowed when moving out that the room would resurrect when Holly and I had our own home. So on a Sunday I called (yep!) "Resurrection Sunday" I covered these walls in comics as I set up my work space. Since then I've taken down some comics to make room for bookshelves and other necessities. And as I dream of my new office, the comics on the walls are not a part of those plans. (So unlike Jesus' resurrection body, it turns out this office is not truly perfected and eternal.)

It will be a little sad, but I've taken lots of video of the room to remember it by, and I'm really looking forward to the potential of a new office space that I can create from the ground up with my current work needs in mind. (And yes, there will still absolutely be much evidence of geekery in its design.)

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Taking Down My Comics Empty Re: Taking Down My Comics

Post  mikel.withers January 17th 2017, 12:14 pm

As long as you keep a memory of them in your heart, your comics can never really die.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings January 17th 2017, 5:44 pm

You will, of course, be doing a grand unveiling office tour video when it's done, yes?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter January 18th 2017, 9:56 am

AdamCollings wrote:You will, of course, be doing a grand unveiling office tour video when it's done, yes?

That might have crossed my mind eventually, but thanks for bringing it up! I'll probably at least post something like that at youtube.com/spiritbladevideos, though maybe not the CGC channel. We'll see.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 3:09 am