Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

My geeky Saturday

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

My geeky Saturday Empty My geeky Saturday

Post  Rickster May 2nd 2017, 1:12 am

So last Saturday my sister took me to a place called Frank and sons at geeky swap meet we then went to Puente Hills Mall which was used for Twin/Lone Pines Mall in Back to the Future and then went to Whittier High School which was used for Hill Valley High School in BTTF. That was fun Didn't make it out to the McFly house and the Doc Brown House yet but hope too soon.
    Which brings the question what film locations would you like to visit if you can?
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

My geeky Saturday Empty Re: My geeky Saturday

Post  UKSteve May 2nd 2017, 4:58 am

Not specifically geek related (except maybe car geeks), but I've been on the FIAT factory test track:
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 2nd 2017, 9:05 am

Rickster wrote: my sister took me to a place called Frank and sons at geeky swap meet

You have a "geeky swamp meet"? JEALOUS!!!

As for film locations I'd like to visit, there is only one. Moya. I want to walk the (reconstructed) set of Farscape and step onto the Leviathan I've already spent dream time visiting. Yeah, I know the halls are just panels they shift around and keep using to create the illusion of multiple hallways. But it would still be amazing for me.

If they ever set up a tour of the reconstructed sets, I would seriously consider how we might financially handle a trip to Australia.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers May 2nd 2017, 10:20 am

Oh... *that* is what your FB picture was about. I was like "isn't it Twin Peaks?"

As for locations... hmmm, I guess the one from Saving Private Ryan... you know: the beaches of Normandy, that'd be cool if I was in the area. Maybe the Lord of the Rings, but that is just because I'd like to visit New Zealand. Firefly/Serenity, just to say I did, maybe?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster May 12th 2017, 8:09 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote: my sister took me to a place called Frank and sons at geeky swap meet

You have a "geeky swamp meet"? JEALOUS!!!

Yeah if you're ever in So Cal area on a Saturday and want to hang out I could show you around it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 12:20 am