Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

If you know "dos" I have a quick question

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

If you know "dos" I have a quick question Empty If you know "dos" I have a quick question

Post  Paeter October 13th 2010, 1:14 am

Okay, so I'm putting together a new page for spiritblade.net that features a new line of product called "The Archives". Instead of a product image, I want to have a cool "dos looking" series of codes or whatever that a person would see if they had just been granted access to a server or some high security hard drive or something.

So instead of putting:

Security Disabled.
    Access Granted.

I want something you might see in dos that conveys the same idea. Any ideas? Anyone?
    I'm planning to have this page done one way or the other in the next 24-48 hours. So even some basic suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

If you know "dos" I have a quick question Empty Re: If you know "dos" I have a quick question

Post  Hackmodford October 13th 2010, 8:53 am

My friend quigonjae would know exactly what you would need... Let me email him...

Last edited by Hackmodford on October 13th 2010, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

If you know "dos" I have a quick question UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

If you know "dos" I have a quick question Empty Re: If you know "dos" I have a quick question

Post  Guest October 13th 2010, 1:18 pm

try this from the command line of your PC and let me know if its kinda what your looking for . Type dir /a /d C: and then hit enter.. PM or respond here if you need a lil more help
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford October 13th 2010, 1:19 pm

That doesn't work my me quigonjae... Sad

(ignore this Paeter it's an inside joke)

Oh Paeter,
    Just incase you don't know how to get to a command line.
    Go to start and then click Run
    In the run box type "cmd" (without the quotes)
    Then click the run/okay button (forgot what it is)
    Then a black window will open. The black window will remind you of being in the 80's
    From there you can follow quigonjae's instructions

Post  Guest October 13th 2010, 2:05 pm

(more inside joking)
    of course that wont work for you .. your using that overrated , bloated and how shall I say this "elitist" operating system.. For those of us who have "seen the light" we know that we can do basically all the same functionality with a FREE operating system.
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford October 13th 2010, 2:07 pm

Bloated!
    It is by NO MEANS BLOATED

when you refer to those who "have seen the light" aren't you referring to those blinded by it?

I stick with the 'different' original... period.

lol!

Post  Guest October 13th 2010, 2:11 pm

ahh my young padawan...I show you the "way of Linux" and you let yourself become clouded by the darkside that is Mac.. LOL
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford October 13th 2010, 2:25 pm

No... it is you who does not see clearly.
    I can feel the conflict within you.
    Through the window leads to the darkside...

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 13th 2010, 6:34 pm

Thanks guys!

(And it's true, I did not know how to get a command line without instruction.)

I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for, though. It looked a little too mundane with items listed like "Desktop" and "My Documents". I'd like it to look a little more like you're looking into a cool, top secret kinda computer.

Also, I'm not sure that I want any real information about my computer on the website.

Any alternative suggestions?

www.spiritblade.com

Post  Guest October 14th 2010, 12:51 pm

Paeter:
    do you a picture with what your trying to accomplish ? I could just write a lil dos batch file to get what you want and the output from that batch file could be captured in a TXT document or something else
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 14th 2010, 3:57 pm

quigonnjae wrote:Paeter:
    do you a picture with what your trying to accomplish ? I could just write a lil dos batch file to get what you want and the output from that batch file could be captured in a TXT document or something else

Not sure. Hard to describe it when the only reference I have is pop-culture osmosis.

It doesn't even need to look 100% legit.

I'm thinking of movies where someone is "hacking" into a computer and they usually show you a dos looking screen with various lines of text to the left indicating actions that the user or the computer has taken as the hacker goes deeper into the system.

Maybe just three or four lines of commands that would indicate someone is opening files and/or programs?

Not sure what else to describe beyond that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 9:24 am