Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll)

Poll

Do You Use Netflix?

[ 9 ]
    Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) I_vote_lcap82%Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) I_vote_rcap [82%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) I_vote_lcap18%Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) I_vote_rcap [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) Empty Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll)

Post  Paeter September 14th 2016, 10:06 am

(Sorry, the text for polls hasn't been fixed yet. You can click and drag to see it.)

We don't currently have Netflix or any plans to get it. But I know a number of shows on it are popular and geek-related, so I want to get a read here that will help me make some choices regarding CGC content.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) Empty Re: Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll)

Post  mikel.withers September 15th 2016, 7:59 am

Let me put in a bit of a caveat...
    Netflix (and Amazon prime for that matter) is good for low-rent movies and tv series. Any of the premium stuff is going to be... well, premium: something you pay for.
    That isn't to say it isn't worth it. Hrmmm... how about: it is worth it anyway.
    Those scifi and comic book tv shows are pretty good (especially for those of us old enough to remember some of the truly atrocious scifi stuff of the past) and every now and then you'll find a gem.
    Just don't expect Netflix chilling to be anything more than scrolling through hundreds of bad (b-rate...c-rate?) movies for hours until you give up and read a book. You really kind of need to know what you're looking for before you go in.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll) Empty Re: Do You Use Netflix? (A Quick "Yes/No" Poll)

Post  jorowi October 3rd 2016, 12:10 pm

A Netflix subscription would be worth it for Daredevil, Jessica Jones, & Luke Cage alone. If you watch one episode a week of just those shows it would take you 72 weeks to watch all of it. Even watching 1 episode every day would take you over 2 months. You can stream it online from Vudu for $1.99 or iTunes for $2.99 per episode.

Think of it this way: When Daredevil releases on Blu-ray (today, I think) it will probably cost around $30. That's 3 months of Netflix. So you're getting the series plus everything else available on Netflix for 3 months for the cost of a single Blu-ray.

Twitter
    Instagram
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings October 3rd 2016, 7:44 pm

I was delighted when Netflix finally released down here, and ecstatic when they got the Aussie rights to the Star Trek shows. Now I can watch every episode, and I don't have to shell out thousands to replace my old VHS tapes with Blue-rays and DVDs.

I can also catch up on shows that I missed, or want to watch again, like Terra Nova, Heroes, Firefly.
    And yes, there are some great originals, like Stranger Things and the Marvel shows.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels October 5th 2016, 6:13 pm

We do "use" it but I will say, we don't do it often and have a hard time finding anything we want to watch on Netflix. The kids had streamed several whole series of shows during the summer, but nothing new I go there for. We do have satellite too though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 20th 2024, 4:24 pm