Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Office Leak And Water Damage

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Office Leak And Water Damage Empty Office Leak And Water Damage

Post  Paeter June 6th 2018, 8:44 am

The ceiling in my office sprung a leak on Saturday evening. Thankfully it happened while I was in the office and over a space with no equipment or toys to damage. So we were able to act fast to minimize the damage.

Our boys spent a night sleeping on our floor, as the summer heat upstairs became borderline dangerous or at the very least unhealthy without the upstairs AC running.

The cause was a clogged condensation drain pipe in one of our cooling units. It has now been repaired with some preventative measures added, the total cost of it all being probably less than $1,000 based on estimates. That still hurts, but it could have been SOOOO much worse.

However I'm still sitting in "mission control", with the constant white noise of a giant dehumidifier in my office. The workers will be coming to remove the equipment today, but we don't know exactly when. And at that time they'll also need to work in my office for a bit to repair the damage to my cieling.

I've basically done about all the work I can without recording anything, but I think I'm just going to have to accept having some background white noise in some of the content I produce for this week so that I can get it all done and still get a little time to rest before my E3 week of extra-long work days begins this Saturday.

I've got no complaints, really. It was stressful to go through, but could have been much worse, as I said. But I thought you guys might like to hear about my little adventure. (Video for Spirit Blade Insiders next month!)

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Office Leak And Water Damage Empty Re: Office Leak And Water Damage

Post  fxruizx June 6th 2018, 11:09 am

I'm glad you guys are ok and that it wasn't worse but yes OUCH to $1K Sad
    And also want to say I really appreciate your post in the prayer request praise post about this - really gave me some good perspective on the struggles I have.
    Thank you Paeter!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 8th 2018, 8:21 am

Thanks, Francisco. The total has climbed to over a $1000 now and may end up somewhere around $1200, which is lame. But I have a wonderful wife who plans ahead for these kinds of things and keeps our budget structured wisely. So we roll our eyes, shake our heads, then hug and move on with our day.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 4:11 am